Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkBurnett
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube not showing history, subscriptions, library, "watch later" list etc

Jump to solution

Just got off with YouTube Help and they are aware and the engineers are working on a solution.  

Electricblue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That is very help ... Thanks for getting support involved...

FYI:  I found, as a temp workaround... If I login via my usual account

then selected to login as guest... Menus re-appear, but when you click into

subscription and library - they ask you to login again... At this point, I selected

my usual account and then it actually brings up the expected menu content.   Yes, crazy...

Rockhound925
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just checked the Youtube app.  Everything is back to normal.  Hopefully your app is back to normal too.  Hope it stays that way.

Electricblue
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, it is back for me too... Thanks all...

MadOverlord
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Marc, if you could post how you managed to penetrate the black hole of Youtube Support and actually talk to a real human who could actually help, I'm sure it would help some other poor lost soul sometime in the future. Hopefully it does not require the sacrifice of a first-born child... 🙂

Kitch64
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm the one who started this discussion, and everything is back to normal with my YouTube on Roku.  Thanks for all the comments!  It was great to know that I wasn't the only one, and your workarounds helped. Hopefully all these comments communicate to Roku/YouTube tech that lots of people care, so let's keep the tech working right and be careful before implementing any "improvements."

thank you.png

0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I have a different but related problem with YouTube (not YouTubeTV).  I haven't have a problem with the menu disappearing, but I do have what is a big problem for me. As others have mentioned, getting any kind of support from YouTube is close to impossible.

There are a few channels that I like and watch regularly.  I use the Search function to find them, and then they show up for a while.

If I don't log in to my account, then when I do a search and click on a channel, that search term goes into the search history and remains there (at least for a while).  I can fill the search history with my favorite channels, and go back to them when I want to.  The big problem is: when the YouTube Roku App updates, all of my searches are wiped out and I have to start over again.

YouTube keeps prompting me to log into my account for a "better experience".  But every time I have tried this (the last was two days ago), I find the Search history is pre-filled with the search terms that YouTube wants to force-feed to me.  Going into settings and clicking on "clear search history" and "clear watch history" has never removed the pre-programmed searches: but what is the REALLY big problem for me is that there appears to be no way to save my searches.  If I repeat what I have done when not logged in and search for a channel I like and watch it, it DOES NOT remain in the search history.  The search history is ALWAYS the pre-programmed search terms.  No matter what searches I do, or how I do it, my searches NEVER remain in the search history for future re-use.

Is that the 'normal' way it works for you?  If you watch the YouTube channel while logged in and do a search, does that search term remain in the search history list?  If so, can you please tell me how you get it to work?  Is there some special procedure I'm missing that I have to do so I can get my searches to remain available if I'm logged in so they won't be wiped out every time the YouTube app is updated (which has been happening a LOT recently)?  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

If this is how it also works for you, could the user who managed to get through to YouTube tell us how to do that, or pass on this problem to YouTUbe?

THanks.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BartZLederman

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BartZLederman
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Unfortunately, this isn't possible.

Unless someone has the magic incantation and is willing to share it, there is no way to actually contact anyone in YouTube, and there is no support.

I did post a request in their "forum" several weeks ago, and has not received any response at all.  Nobody will even take the time to say they've read the problem.

So: does anyone know if there is a real way to get any kind of response at all from YouTube?

0 Kudos