Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jontalk
Roku Guru

YouTube exit - Ambient Display choice

Has anyone noticed that when you exit YT there are 3 choices of which one is Ambient Display? If so, I'm curious what it does if you choose it..On Android its similar to dark mode, though I don't see the logic for using it on a large screen..That said, it's obvious they FINALLY got around to updating the app which has been needed for months

Power User (film maker)
Mill Valley, CA

Jonathan
Roku Ultra 4800R; LG OLED55B7A, ONKYO TX-NR636, Panasonic Blu Ray, Definitive Studio Monitor 450 (L/R), Definitive LCR 2000 (center), Definitive 10" sub-woofer, Definitive surrounds. Motorola MB8600 modem. Asus RT-AX68U WiFi 6 router. Western Digital Power Line network adapters
0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
GregFlowers
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube exit - Ambient Display choice

Jonathan. I would actually like to have this feature on my YouTube. Strangely enough, Ambient Display is listed under my wife's profile but not under my profile or my son's profile. She has no idea why she has it and we don't. Its a nice relaxing screen saver with many cool videos. I can't figure out how to enable it under my profile.

0 Kudos

I have the same issue! Ambient Display is on my husband's YT, but not mine or our daughter's, and we're on the paid Family Account.

It's strange, and I've been down a rabbit hole for a bit trying to figure out how to engage it on my YT!

Does anyone know how to do this?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @SteampunkQueen

It's our pleasure to welcome you here in the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for sharing this information with us, and we understand the issue you're experiencing with YouTube. Kindly follow the steps provided below as a troubleshooting to resolve the issue.

1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the star (*) key on your remote, and choose "Remove channel".
  2. Next, restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System Restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Once your player/TV starts up again, go to "Streaming Store" on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
  4. You may also refer to this link: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted on how this works, and we'll continue to assist you further.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos