Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjjjjj
Reel Rookie

YouTube advertising is obnoxious

Ads before the video. Ads immediately after starting the video. Ads throughout the video. Only on Roku. I have a much less obnoxious experience with fire stick, on the YouTube app in my TV and online in my browser. Only Roku sucks this bad. Roku you need to fix this with YouTube. 

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube advertising is obnoxious

Hi @Jjjjjj

Thank you for the post!

I understand that the advertising experience on YouTube through Roku can be frustrating for users. However, it is important to note that the advertising experience on YouTube is determined by YouTube, not Roku. Roku is simply a platform that allows you to access the YouTube app.

That being said, YouTube does use advertising to generate revenue for content creators and maintain the platform. While it is understandable that some users find the advertising experience on Roku to be obnoxious, it is important to keep in mind that these ads are what allow content creators to continue producing high-quality content.

Fortunately, there are a few things you can do to improve your YouTube experience on Roku:

• Subscribe to YouTube Premium: YouTube Premium is a paid subscription service that allows you to watch videos without ads. This may be a good option if you find the ads on YouTube to be too obnoxious.
  • Skip ads when possible: Many ads on YouTube are skippable after a few seconds. If you see a "Skip ad" button appear on your screen, you can click it to skip the ad and continue watching your video.

Ultimately, it is up to YouTube to determine the advertising experience on its platform. However, by following the tips above, you may be able to improve your experience on Roku.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Jjjjjj
Reel Rookie

Hi Lianna,

Maybe you didn't read my post or maybe you are a bot. But I do use other devices because of my experience with YouTube on Roku. 

My point is that the YouTube Roku experience is the worst and Roku is losing business because they/you are not advocating for Roku customers. Why would I want to pay for YouTube Premium when am happy with YouTube on non-Roku platforms?

0 Kudos
Jjjjjj
Reel Rookie

Hi Lianna,

Looks like a copy-and-paste form response.

Maybe you didn't carefully read my post or maybe you are a bot. but I am using other devices to watch  YouTube because of the horrible experience on Roku.

I shared my feedback because I want Roku to know that the YouTube experience is the worst on Roku. I would hope Roku would not want to be at a disadvantage vs. other platforms. And as a Roku customer, I would hope that Roku would want to keep me on your platform and not leave.

Jjjjj

VibrantSol
Channel Surfer

Hi Jill and thank you for being past of the Roku community where bots reply always referring issue to a simple solution like “a solution would be best found by contacting billing…”  

That’s a common issue that the bots aren’t understanding that customer service isn’t solving problem. 

0 Kudos
VibrantSol
Channel Surfer

And I noticed same issue w ads on YouTube ROKU. Much longer & get these infomercials or horrible extremest ads… my kids YouTube guest acct gets far fewer & forgettable mundane ads. I have an YT acct & agree w you about ads. I used to get news via YouTube. I get awful political ads that are longer than the video wanting to watch. I stopped watching YT on Roku using my ph bc commercials are much less intrusive 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.