Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jed2
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube TV playback issues

Stop replying. You're not helping. Yes, every single channel DOES NOT WORK, as of last week. Others are reporting this. Stop telling people it's their problem.

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

I don’t have to take a quiz for you.

but if you must know I have an express not an ultra.

It says signal strength excellent 

the router is 6 feet away

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  That was another user who has an Ultra and an Express. My bad. But you still didn’t provide the proper information. So let’s try this again. Go to settings/ network and run a check connection test. When the test is completed it will give you a speed rating in Mbps. What is that speed? Also which Roku Express model do you own?

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

express 4k+

it does not give a speed 07048C52-BB76-4956-BA03-7653F512B72A.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  That’s cause you did not click on check connection. Go down to check connection. Your only in the network area. Also what model is your Roku Express 4K? Go to settings/system/about 

FYI remove the picture cause it contains your MAC address 

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

FA5ABEFE-BFA3-4ED3-8CDC-30AC61D10BBA.jpeg

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  Well?

0 Kudos
Cd1515
Binge Watcher

Well what? 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@Cd1515  What is the sped test when you perform a check connection test? It will give you a result in Mbps. All you did was go over to the network tab. Please remove your picture since it contains your MAC address 

0 Kudos
MikeyInSoCal
Binge Watcher

Mine does not put the speed on the "Check connection" screen, but after doing that operation, the speed shows on the "About" screen under the Wireless MAC address. In my case, it says Good (46 Mbps). It also says "Signal strength Excellent."

Unplugging and repowering the Roku Express does nothing to force an update. Multiple "Check for Update" operations do nothing.

You can keep repeating the same misinformation as often as you like, but the fact is that if I'm able to view recorded shows on YT TV on every device except the Roku Express, then the issue likely is the Roku Express. Given that it is running an older version of the YT TV app and refuses to update it to the newer version is Roku's problem. As is the fact that Roku will not update my Roku Express device to 11.0.0. The Roku Express, BTW, is barely four months old.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.