Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bt155
Reel Rookie

Re: YouTube TV app freezing after latest OS update

Jump to solution

I am using a new Fire Stick and I have not experienced any freezing on YouTube tv with it.

rockstardan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just got off a chat with Youtube support.  I am supposed to be credited for down time.  They also said their engineers are aware of the issue and are working on a fix but have no ETA.  They will reach out with an email as soon as they hear back from the engineering department.

Manji1991

Jump to solution

I experienced this issue on my TCL 6 series tv running Roku OS and also on a Roku streaming stick. Yesterday and day prior but today no issues, in the morning. I also have chromecast with google tv and actually started experiencing the issue on the chromecast device in YouTube tv app this evening, so issue appears to be with YouTube tv app.

Tbahm

Jump to solution

Very suspicious it's happening between these two with the fight that's going on. It would probably take a programmer 2 minutes to fix. Just ordered a backup fire stick and hope I don't have to change out all six of my Roku's.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We are more than happy to investigate the issue you are experiencing. Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur only on Youtube TV or does it happen on other channels as well? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, I will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
larry30040
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I see this issue being reported here but how do you get support from these clowns? Is anyone even getting anywhere with it? I tried connected to youtubetv via the youtube app it worked for a few hours and now it locks up or freezes as well... i miss the good old days when you could talk to someone about issues.

0 Kudos
rockstardan
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is not a Roku issue.  YouTube has admitted to me that this is their issue.  I know this because I just verified that my GoogleTV is doing the same thing my Roku devices are.  It takes longer to freeze on the GoogleTV but it does completely freeze.  My YouTube app also freezes.  What a cluster.

UltraUserRVA
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Danny…

My device model is 4660X Roku Ultra. S/N YJ009H091427. Device ID CK3919091427. Software version 10.5.0, build 4201-46.

YouTubeTV gets hung up and freezes and/or takes forever to load. Often happens during a commercial break of live programming. Often, the only remedy is to exit the app and start over. Graphic images remain blank for extended period. Version 2.21, build 94005571

Roku Channel takes much longer to load and graphic images remain blank for an extended period. Version 6.0, build 15

Prime Video takes much longer to load and graphic images remain blank for an extended period. Version 12.0, build 2021090212

YouTube (not YouTubeTV) takes much longer to load. Version 2.21, build 94005088

My son lives nearby and subscribes to YouTubeTV also, but uses an AppleTV device to stream. He said there have been no issues with YouTubeTV at all.

Thank you.

PBrown111
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku Ultra model 4800RW

X010005H5XUF

10.5.0 build 4201-02

YT version 2.21 build 94005571

Other apps are fine. Only freezes on You Tube TV.

JQ1

Jump to solution

I tried running YouTube TV on a fire stick today. YouTube TV still freezes. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.