Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube TV Pause Issue

@htiek

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Wabujitsu

CityguyUSA
Binge Watcher

Why don't they fix their **bleep**in software rather than me destroying my tvs?

0 Kudos
Jimmy551

Same issue, watching a program on you tube  , pause come back in 5 minutes and hit play and redirected to another channel like Apple plus which i dont want. Wonder if roku gets cash from channels every time their channel is downloaded. 

Getting to the point where another streaming device instead of roku may be my only option. Sick of this !

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @Jimmy551

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Jimmy551, if you're using one of the Roku screensavers that has little advertisements floating by never, ever press Play as the first button when you pick up the remote.  Press some other button first and then Play to unpause your video.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

@renojim you said "Never use Play/Pause or OK to dismiss a screensaver."

BUT how ARE we supposed to dismiss it? I've been searching around and not found that, it's frustrating. To me, I should be able to PLAY and have the thing resume the YouTube video I paused or whatever. Thanks!

0 Kudos
ChippyTech
Streaming Star

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the YouTube TV app on your Roku device where the app is not correctly resuming playback after the screensaver has been activated. This can be frustrating, and it is possible that the issue may be related to a problem with the app itself or with your device. Here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check for updates. Go to the "Settings" menu on your Roku and select "System update" to see if there are any updates available for your device. If there are updates available, install them and try using the YouTube TV app again. You may also want to check for updates to the YouTube TV app itself by going to the "My channels" menu on your Roku and selecting the app.

2. Restart your device and router. Sometimes, restarting your devices can help resolve connectivity or performance issues.

3. Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube TV app. To do this, go to the "My channels" menu on your Roku and select the YouTube TV app. From there, you should be able to select "Remove channel" and then install the app again from the Roku Channel Store.

4. If you are still having difficulty, you may want to contact YouTube TV customer support or Roku customer support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or help you determine if there is a problem with the app or your device.

Head_Unit
Binge Watcher

Thanks! It seems the screen saver was at fault; I changed it to National Parks per another suggestion and now I *think* it works (it did once, then we changed to live TV news)

0 Kudos
ClayO

Fixed! Thank you!

0 Kudos