Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmunge22
Reel Rookie

Re: YOUTUBE TV DVR hangs on playback

Yeah I have already tried removing and reinstalling multiple times which causes an issue in and of itself because of the apps being attached to every tv via my Roku account.

So not only does it not fix the problem but then I have to re-initialize my account on every tv again.

Again, doing the same task in the same app with the same programs cause no issues on one of my Roku tvs but has significant problems on this 55US5800 tv which is slightly older than the one where there are no problems.

0 Kudos
kmunge22
Reel Rookie

I should mention this only happens with the YouTube tv app for DVR and some live programming when changing channels.

It does not happen with the VOD feature. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@kmunge22 

Thanks for following up. 

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, we suggest you contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and inquire further about the channel's features and functionality. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. 

Don't hesitate to contact us if you need further assistance in the future.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
jhmosow
Binge Watcher

I have contacted YouTube TV support and worked with them quite a bit.  They do not see a problem on their side.  I would tend to agree as I have no problem with playback using the YouTube TV app installed on my LG television.  In fact, if the playback hangs using the Roku, we immediately go to the YouTube TV LG tv app and it plays fine.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @jhmosow

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you kindly provide us with more detailed information about the issue you're currently experiencing? Have you encountered any error messages or codes? Are all of the other streaming channels functioning normally? Additionally, it would be helpful to know how long you've been experiencing this issue and what steps you've taken to troubleshoot it.

By providing us with more comprehensive information, we can offer you more effective assistance.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
jhmosow
Binge Watcher

Did you receive this information?  If not, I am including it again.

PXL_20230410_205546485.jpgPXL_20230410_205518499.jpgPXL_20230411_020249657.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Hi @jhmosow

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BipolarGirl48
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube TV DVR hangs on playback

Buy the cloner alliance device it will record any device can be used its a dvr a compatible dvr for all streaming devices.  They are pricey  at 150 ish. Hope it helps

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.