Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jamesutz
Streaming Star

YouTube TV Crashes back to Home Screen at the end of Programs on Streambar Pro

Hello,

We just upgraded to a Roku Streambar Pro (with Sub and 1 pair of wireless speakers).  We were using a Roku Ultra before with just the TV speakers.

We've noticed several times now in the past week, since setting up the unit, when a broadcast show ends the YouTube TV channel can crash and the Roku Streambar Pro returns back to the home screen - all by itself.  Everything with playback is fine until the end of the show, then the Channel/Roku decide on their own that we have watched enough TV, I guess...

Anyone else seeing something like this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: YouTube TV Crashes back to Home Screen at the end of Programs on Streambar Pro

@jamesutz

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jamesutz
Streaming Star

Re: YouTube TV Crashes back to Home Screen at the end of Programs on Streambar Pro

OK, I will try it tonight.  One more data point - it happened again last night in the middle of watching a program on a different Live TV channel within YouTube TV.  So, it is not just an "end of program" phenomena, like I first thought it to be.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.