Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ddcondor

Re: YouTube Chinese interference

Jump to solution

These videos are not ads…it just shows an Asian woman coloring or crocheting over top of many of the election videos being posted….

0 Kudos
Sornn

Jump to solution

I don't understand IT IS NOT ADs!!!!!!!!!

Is anyone looking into it?  We are NOT niave consumers something is compromised.  It is across YouTube streaming devices not only Roko but any devise where you sign up using your Google Account.  I sign up incognito and it does not happen but does on a computer and three different TVs using separate interfaces but with all a common Google sign in.  Again Incognito it doesn't happen.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You're wasting your keystrokes here.  If anything, it's a Youtube issue and it has nothing to do with Roku.  I'd bet a lot of money that the purpose is to thwart any autodection of copyright violations.  Take a copyrighted video or stream, add some Asians crocheting, and you've got a new video that doesn't match the original.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Vegarich

Jump to solution

The videos are not original. Notice the user name. It's a video edited and posted by some user. They get the money from the ads. Block the user and you're cleared from him. 

AllEars

Jump to solution

Same here. Just some girl coloring. It's always during an MSNBC program. 

0 Kudos
benastrada
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Happening in UK too.... 

I am afraid this is not really a commercial, it's like a homemade video of a girl colouring a colouring book... The sound on the video is terrible like it's been recorded on a cheap phone, and you hear that loud buzzing sound you get on stuff you record outside when it's windy.... 

And I do not think the girl in the video is chinese at all... It's very odd!

0 Kudos
jomion

Jump to solution

That is simply not the case.  I am a YouTube Premium member, and see these unrequested instructional videos as well.

That being said, it's not an issue with Roku...but more with the Alphabet/Youtube universe.  I am personally taking this up with the Youtube community because (assuming this is an advertisement) I am paying a handsome monthly fee to avoid this content - and I'm simply not getting what I am paying for.

donjackson

Jump to solution

These are not advertisements. They are stupid v-roll segments that have no business being in the news videos that we are trying to view.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Wrong.. happens on MSNBC on almost every video..

0 Kudos
danadaryl

Jump to solution

MSNBC is being targeted in my experience.  Fox, CNN come in fine, and videos are completed.  But Morning Joe is interrupted about halfway through every morning by a very pleasant Chinese woman coloring in a book and displaying part of what she's done.  Weird.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.