Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillFlint

Re: Xfinity beta error TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

Hi all, I had the same issue after replacing my gateway.  I checked my account and it still showed my old gateway.  Calling comcast, they didn't complete my order even though the new gateway was activated.  They manually completed the order and added the xfi gateway to billing and this resolved the TVAPP-00101.

0 Kudos
kuroUltraUser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Had this issue all of a sudden recently on all of my 3 Roku Ultras. Tried the 'official' solution and a few of the others here to no avail. Final solution was restarting my cable modem from the xfinity support page. Modem is not the xfinity-supplied one, but my own Arris, supported one.

I do not have linked accounts or anything weird like that. Really simple solution once I restarted the modem. Just had to re-authorize each Roku using the standard method (6-digit code, etc.)

Funny story though, the xfinity support chat fellow pretended to do stuff for like half an hour. Went as far as telling me he was doing a 'deep scan' of my connection, or whatever, making it sound very 'technical', which was pretty much all b.s.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
Thunderlizard2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Was promised fix by an Xfinity tech by Sept 9 - still nothing.  Anyone get it working?

0 Kudos
Space_Cowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Xfinity deprovisioned your modem.  They need to reprovision it.  This is all explained in prior posts.

0 Kudos
Thunderlizard2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What do you mean by provision modem - its not a new modem I've had it 4 years

0 Kudos
ChristinaL
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My modem was reprovisioned by Comcast tech area repeatedly over 2.5+ years. I called whenever I had the mental capacity to spend hours on the phone with them. It would work until the tv was turned off then nothing again.  The Motorola modem I had (Now Arris) was probably over 7 years old. It finally starting acting up during covid while a number of us were using WiFi, so I purchased a new approved one from Walmart. And guess what - the app consistently works on all 4 of our various aged Roku Smart TVs. Whether it was related to my move 3+ years ago and/or the model/age of the modem I’ll never know. Good luck - I’m exiting the feed. 

0 Kudos
Space_Cowboy
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It means they've somehow disassociated your modem from your physical address.  If you use the term 'provision' my modem, they will (should) understand what needs to be done.

0 Kudos

Xfinity Stream Beta app - TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

I've read on xfinity support that there is an issue with the update sent to Roku and the engineers were working to resolve.

The responses to this issue all say contact Xfinity. The Stream app works ok on cell phone  

We have already done all the troubleshooting. It's the Roku channel having the issue. 

Is there an ETA on a fix?

0 Kudos
ManifoldMan
Reel Rookie

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app - TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

I have the same issue.  Tech support thinks its because when the initially set up my modem and phone line they got the MAC addresses reversed. So now the stream app doesn't think I am on my home network.  Will let you know if this is in fact my problem.

0 Kudos
ManifoldMan
Reel Rookie

Re: Xfinity Stream Beta app - TVAPP-00101

Jump to solution

That was indeed my problem.  When I had my equipment installed initially they reversed the MAC addresses on my phone and internet. A year later my xfinity beta quit working.  It is now fixed after they reset it properly.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.