Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barbaramac

Will i lose all my apps on the Roku TV when Ignite TV is installed?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Will i lose all my apps on the Roku TV when Ignite TV is installed?

I had to look up what Ignite TV was. It appears to be a service offered by a couple of cable companies (Rogers and Shaw). From what I could find, there is no Ignite TV app for Roku devices. There appears to be an iOS and Android app, neither of which will work on a Roku. There also appears to be an "Ignite Box" that you connect to your TV via HDMI, just like any other external device.

If you use their hardware, no you won't lose any of your content available on the Roku TV itself. You would simply change to the HDMI input the Ignite device is using to view their content. From what I could find online, the Ignite box does not offer any sort of app store, so whatever it offers is all you can get with it.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
JackAward
Channel Surfer

Re: Will i lose all my apps on the Roku TV when Ignite TV is installed?

Installing Ignite TV on your Roku TV should not affect the apps already installed on the Roku platform. Ignite TV is a service provided by Rogers Communications in Canada, which includes live TV channels, on-demand content, and streaming capabilities.

Roku TVs typically operate independently of specific TV service providers or streaming platforms. They have their own operating system and app ecosystem. Therefore, installing Ignite TV should not remove or affect the apps that are already installed on your Roku TV.

However, it's always a good idea to double-check with Rogers or your TV service provider for any specific instructions or recommendations regarding the installation of Ignite TV on your Roku device. They may have additional information or requirements to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.