Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Uzzu.tv @DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme

Jump to solution

@RocknRef wrote:

Prices for TV that was formerly free in my youth, and paid for with advertising has now spiraled out of control. Familes forced to pay $200-$300 per month for TV and Internet much of it with limited choices to choose the channels that they want. Its ridiculous and a scam. And we are often still forced to watch advertising.

TV that was free in your youth was over the air broadcast via a TV antenna. That's still free. The same antennas work (many fall for the "HD antenna" sales pitch; there's no such thing). Other TV was not free.

@RocknRef wrote:

As long as they are ripping us off people will fight back. The Good Samaritans of Locast put this together to fight these criminal enterprises.

You are so worried about protecting a **bleep** storm like Disney Corp. Why dont you worry about the citizens who are getting ripped off.

This is where you and I differ vastly. You feel you are entitled to the works of others. Whether someone builds a table with his bare hands, or creates a movie, it's still work for which the creator is entitled.

If you were a carpenter and someone took your table, they stole from you.

If as a carpenter, you contracted your labor to a company and build a table, the company now has those rights you would have had, due to your contract. And, if someone took the table, they stole from the company.

If an author wrote a book, the author is entitled to compensation for the work, just as the carpenter would be for the table. If the author had a publishing contract with, say, Random House, then the company is entitled to the compensaton, and the author gets whatever the contact says.

This continues. Sports teams are entitled to their compensation for the entertainment. The TV and movie studios are entitled to compensation for their entertainment. And so on.

But you don't want to pay them the compensation they are legally entitled. You want to steal from them. Or, pay someone else to steal it for you.

That' the difference between you and me.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Re: Uzzu.tv @DBDukes @Uzzu tv is not pirated content and violates no current copyright laws. Supreme

Jump to solution

@RocknRef wrote:

However,  Locast is still completely legal even under the new law.

Locast is irrelevant to this discussion:

(1.) Locast only provides access to broadcast channels, unlike uzzu.tv as shown in that screen capture above. (2.) Locast is only available in certain US cities. Locast simply provides an alternate way of accessing channels that residents of those cities could receive for free with an antenna. (3.) Locast is a not-for-profit operation.

RocknRef
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you believe that Locast is irrelevant to this discussion then you have made it clear that you don't understand copyright law or its history.

Locast is currently being sued by the networks. 

No sense responding, 

0 Kudos
Ed54
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I recently suspended my Dish network acct.due to them not having contract disputes with my regional sports network worked out. I was told by them to dl the uzzu app for Braves baseball. So dish is pushing "pirated" content? I barely had the app a day before it vanished.

All this is a bad moment cord cutting. The more they can keep you hooked for whatever reason the worse it's gonna get. The worst word to these media giants if "free" or the concept of someone else making a buck off what they deem to be their exclusive content.

I will not go another year without Braves baseball. It's inexcusable.

0 Kudos
bhonaker1
Reel Rookie

Re: Why was the Uzzu.tv channel removed?

Jump to solution

Roku claims that Uzzu is pirating and rebraodcasting.  Uzzu's apps post links to the original content's braodcasters (such as MLB.TV).  They will not provide those links if there is not a license to do so (I've been affected by this, as the RSN 'Bally Sports Southwest' works but there is no 'Bally Sport Southwest Plus' do to licensing issues.

Uzzu told me that Roku wants 30% of their subscription fees, for hosting their app.  The guideline they quote is that purchases can be made through the app. This is NOT true, purchases must  be made on their website.

There is greed here but it is not with Uzzu.  Roku is not playing fair and is making libelous statements. 

I don't work for Uzzu, and am not 100% a 'happy customer' but had to speak up on their behalf.  If you are an UZZU customer and a Roku owner (you did pay for that streaming box, right?), you are being scammed.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why was the Uzzu.tv channel removed?

Jump to solution

@bhonaker1, I would bet a lot of money that they are pirates, but you believe what you want.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos