Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John1250

Why isn't the Golf Channel offered?

Why isn't the Golf Channel being offered by Roku? I have looked and looked and can't find it, so I must assume it isn't being offered. If it isn't available, it should be available. Why isn't the Golf Channel being offered by Roku? I have looked and looked and can't find it, so I must assume it isn't being offered. If it isn't available, it should be available. Why isn't the Golf Channel being offered by Roku? I have looked and looked and can't find it, so I must assume it isn't being offered. If it isn't available, it should be available.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why isn't the Golf Channel offered?

I checked the channel store, and while there are many golf related channels, none from the subscription service Golf Channel. 

However, Roku does not create channels for other providers. Those providers must provide apps/channels for their own content. It's possible the Golf Channel has agreements with cable/satellite providers to not provide their own subscriptions to their service.

Looking at their web site (I see they are owned by NBC) all I see are TV providers listed as a source to watch their content. I do see the three major streaming TV providers listed: FuboTV, Sling TV and YouTube TV. All three of those services are available on Roku devices, so you could subscribe to one of those three and watch the content through their service. However, if you already have TV service that provides the Golf Channel, and your service doesn't offer a streaming channel (both Xfinity and Spectrum appear to have Roku channels) then there's no way to watch the content on a Roku other than screen mirroring a computer to your Roku. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.