Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kaDaj

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

I've just bought Roku Premiere for Disney plus PH, but found out it is not available in our country. I am greatly disappointed with this. I hope Roku finds a way to make the app available here in our country.

0 Kudos
Rokwell

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

You replied with this:

For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Who do we contact? Who controls the Roku platform in the Philippines? You're Roku, do you know who and what their contact details are? Because I can't sure add any new channels at Roku Ultra. 

DarkKamote
Reel Rookie

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available i...

Jump to solution

Finally Found a solution guys, and it works 100%. Unplug Roku and use this. Peace of mind at last!

20221123_213320.jpg

20221123_215903.jpg

rvi3

Re: Disney plus channel is not showing in Philippines, Philippines Disney+ but is not available in R

Jump to solution

This is all on disney. They need to inform roku that disney+  is now available on our regiom. Then all roku has to do is update restrictions then we just update our roku then it should be available. What a waste of money and very frustrating!

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@rvi3, the problem is that there are very few regions worldwide to choose from and the Philippines isn't one of them.  Disney's only option would be to approve their Roku channel/app everywhere and they're not likely to do that.  Basically, providers have two options - pick from the list of Roku supported regions or choose "everywhere".

It's not likely that you'll see Disney+ on Roku in the Philippines until the Philippines is officially supported by Roku and no one knows if or when that will happen.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Silverwing
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same! I bought the Roku Ultra because of Disney+. It doesn't have a search button either, so I don't understand. It's kind of unfair that the choices we have are limited when it comes to major streaming platforms.

0 Kudos
pjangeles

Jump to solution

Sigh, I just literally just unboxed a roku ultra only to find out Disney plus is not working in the Philippines. I hope they allow other channels too like HBO and Discovery.

edmoncu
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I just unboxed and setup a newly purchased Roku Express expecting to play disney+ on it to my dismay! This is unacceptable on Roku's part as Disney's officially available in the Philippines already

jkdegawan

Re: Does Roku work in the Philippines?

Jump to solution

Hi,

Disney+ is already available here in the Philippines but I cannot find it in the channel store. Also, there is no 'Search Channel' option. I have noticed as well that there is no 'Bass Bosst' option. Another issue I encountered was when I press and hold the microphone button on the remote control, the screen just brings me to the Streaming Channels tab. Are there limitations on the Roku features here in the Philippines?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
buybuy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You cannot add channel in the roku device. The only way to do that is to go online and signin in your account. From there you can add the disney+ channel and it will automatically install the channel in your device. Hope this helpts

0 Kudos