Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jca_belair

403 Content Error AMC Plus app

Jump to solution

The actual solution that works for me is:

On Roku Tv open Settings->Privacy->Advertising. 

UNCHECK Limit Ad Tracking. 

Then reset Advertising Identifier.

Then Settings->system->Power->Restart device.

After restart open AMC+ App.  You should be able to watch everything now.

I found this solution and realized it made sense after the web version was blocking playback in my Brave Browser because of the ad blocker.  My Roku TV is playing AMC+  content now!

Don't do a whole TV reset.  You just need to uncheck Limit Ad Tracking and reset your Ad ID

Tapersmith

Re: 403 Content Error AMC Plus app

Jump to solution

This works! Thank you!

Zemer

Re: Content is not included in your subscription, error code 403

Jump to solution

Thank you for this! This was an easy fix. 🙂

Bfagan94
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

AMC+ is a glitchy mess on any platform you use, including both the web and phone apps. AMC clearly released an unfinished app. At this point they should redo it from the ground up. 

0 Kudos
djf73
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

To those who turned off limiting ad tracking, good for you. I refuse to do that. I limit everything to the lowest level of invasion into my private life.

I tried the fatory reset and that doesn't work with my settings.

Obviously the issue is AMC wants to know everything you do to track you & that is plain wrong.

AMC needs to get their act together. This is a direct violation of individual rights to pry into the backend of our viewing habits.

Kudos to Roku for sticking strong to protect our rights and disable unnecessary tracking.

Jump to solution

OMG! You are the best. That absolutely took care of it. Too bad I found it a couple of minutes after I sent AMC+ a not-so-nice email asking them to fix this since all of my other channel apps work fine on Roku. But again, THANK YOU. YOU DA MAN!!

Hal52

Jump to solution

Funny how it's so easy for them to refund your subscription money but not to fix it and it's been several weeks now

MadChef
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks,the solution has worked for me. 

Pubilius

Jump to solution

Enabling the tracking ID worked thank you. 

MadChef
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The problem seems to have been resolved with the update I saw I got today. I rechecked the privacy box, which solved the problem before the update and it now works with the privacy box checked. Go to system updates, to get the update from ROKU.