Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OldCuban
Reel Rookie

Why can't you remove the Bally Sports App?

First when you install the app, you can't use your current login and password. Roku forces you to subscribe through the app. 

Fine, I caved and spent an extra $20 last week to subscribe to the Bally Sports App even though I already had a paid subscription through their website.

Now, when I load the app on Roku, it acknowledges that I have an active app on the screen and on my subscriptions page when I log into my account, but the app does NOT go past the screen that states that I have an active app.

So I figured, let me remove the app and reinstall it. When you click on the app, the option to remove it is NOT THERE. Every other app can be removed, but Bally's can not. Why?

Ya'll at Roku better fix this, or I'm switching all 6 TVs in my home to Firesticks. I don't care if it's Bally's fault or your own. Fix it.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't you remove the Bally Sports App?

I can't help with most of this, but I can tell you that you can't remove an app if you have an active subscription through Roku.  Once you cancel the subscription/auto-renew and the current subscription period expires you'll be able to remove the app.

I don't understand the rest of the problem, but their app description states, "CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED".  I wouldn't think that you could subscribe to it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why can't you remove the Bally Sports App?

I think Bally is like the ESPN app.  There is only one app, but you can access its paid "plus" stuff without a tv provider by logging into your paid subscription through the normal "tv provider" app.

But there does seem to be something screwed up there.  When I bring up Bally in the Channel Store web page and click on Details (https://channelstore.roku.com/details/28f9ccfd17ecb42e9815fc15826f5762/bally-sports) it took me several tries to get to the Bally page, after several attempts that took me to several other, apparently random, non-Bally pages. 

Maybe I just happened to try while they were in the middle of fixing something, and perhaps this kept the app from being accessed for removal.

Once I finally got there I found:

"There are two ways to enjoy Bally Sports. If you do not have a cable plan, you can subscribe to Bally Sports+ and enjoy the selection of live sports and more. Visit BallySportsPlus.com to see what programming is available based on your home zip code. If you have a cable provider, you can download the app for free and use your credentials to sign in for full access."

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.