Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bomba
Channel Surfer

Who is the Lady in the Audience in The Price is Right Introduction?

Jump to solution

Hello, everyone!

These forums have been exceptionally helpful in the past; so, I thought I would pose this non-technical question, regarding The Price is Right.  This is merely a content-based question, submitted out of curiosity.  I have tried web searches and have not been able to find the answer to this puzzling question. 

As a fan of The Roku Channel's The Price is Right:  The Barker Era, I have noticed that in several episodes, during the beginning of the program, at the end of the first panning shot of the audience, this first shot ends on a smiling red-haired woman, usually waving at the camera.  She is usually sitting just to the (stage) right of the contestants' row seats.  Does anyone know who she is/was?  I would assume, given she is there on many occasions and that she does not have a name tag, that she is a member of the staff.  However, I cannot confirm this and have not been able to discover her name.  I would appreciate it if anyone could provide information on the identity of this woman.  Thanks in advance, everyone!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bomba
Channel Surfer

Re: Who is the Lady in the Audience in The Price is Right Introduction?

Jump to solution

Hello, everyone!

I apologize for my late response.  I believe I have discovered the identity of this woman; unfortunately, I did not anticipate taking this long to update this post.  So, to answer my own post, I believe the identity of this woman is the current Coordinating Producer, Gina Edwards-Nyman.  In The Barker Era episodes currently airing on Roku, she is credited as Gina M. Edwards and/or Gina Edwards.  Again, this was simply a "curiosity question" of mine, wondering about the identity of the individual who usually waves at the initial camera panning shot, in the earlier Roku-based episodes.  The fact that she was there throughout many of these earlier episodes, always was aware of the camera locations, and did not wear a contestant name tag, certainly implied that she was a staff member.  While I do not have a screen capture from the Roku episodes, here is a more recent picture of Ms. Edwards-Nyman.  Thanks, everyone!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Bomba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, everyone!

I apologize for my late response.  I believe I have discovered the identity of this woman; unfortunately, I did not anticipate taking this long to update this post.  So, to answer my own post, I believe the identity of this woman is the current Coordinating Producer, Gina Edwards-Nyman.  In The Barker Era episodes currently airing on Roku, she is credited as Gina M. Edwards and/or Gina Edwards.  Again, this was simply a "curiosity question" of mine, wondering about the identity of the individual who usually waves at the initial camera panning shot, in the earlier Roku-based episodes.  The fact that she was there throughout many of these earlier episodes, always was aware of the camera locations, and did not wear a contestant name tag, certainly implied that she was a staff member.  While I do not have a screen capture from the Roku episodes, here is a more recent picture of Ms. Edwards-Nyman.  Thanks, everyone!

0 Kudos
Cyc1on
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I wondered that question myself as I watch it daily with my mother on the Barker Era episodes. Her classic smile and finger wave. 

I too concluded that she had to have been an employee of the show since she always set by contestants row.

Thanks for asking and answering the question.

0 Kudos
Bomba
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello, Cyc1on!

Thanks for your post; I'm happy to know I am not the only one who wondered about Gina.  All the best to you and to your mother.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.