Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Speedwell

Where to find BBC iPlayer app, Roku 3930X

I want to load BBC iPlayer to my Roku 3930X box but I cannot find it in the app store.  I have checked the approved list and the 3930X is given as approved.  I have rebooted the box twice but no improvement.  I have been able to load other apps. I live in the UK and the box was bought in the UK.

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Where to find BBC iPlayer app, Roku 3930X

If you can't add it from this link then it's likely that your Roku account isn't associated with the UK.  When you say other apps, can you find Channel 4?  That's another one that I believe is only available in the UK.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Speedwell1
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your help.  The channel icons appear from the links but ADD CHANNEL is greyed out.

I wondered if this was because I had a vpn set, so I deleted my account, turned off the vpn and opened a new account with different email address and password and the same thing happened.   Do you have any idea how can I persuade Roku that I live in England and have a TV licence.

0 Kudos
renojim

A VPN or anything else that masks your true location will certainly mess things up, but it's still far too easy to create an account that's associated with the wrong region through no fault of your own.  Try creating the account again, but use a different device, different browser, clear your browser cookies, or use a private/incognito browser window.  My gut feeling is that it's browser cookies that cause the problem.  I can inadvertently click on a Roku link with "en-gb" in the link and suddenly I'm getting redirected to UK Roku web pages for every Roku page.  I have to clear cookies to restore normal operation.

I just had it happen again, but with a "en-ca" page.  😠  I hate it when I don't notice the link isn't a US page.  Clearing cookies wasn't enough.  I had to clear cookies and shut down my browser to stop getting redirected to "en-ca" pages.

0 Kudos
Speedwell1
Reel Rookie

Thanks for that suggestion, I'll certainly try that.

0 Kudos
Speedwell1
Reel Rookie

I cleared all Roku history from both browsers on my phone and tried again with a different email but no different result.  I didn't restart and am reluctant to clear all cookies, which hold a lot of login data.  Do you think it would be worthwhile

0 Kudos
renojim

I've never had to clear all cookies, just all Roku cookies, but I'm definitely running out of ideas.  An incognito or private browsing window should accomplish the same thing as clearing cookies.  No computer or tablet to try?  Just to be clear, if you visit a site like https://www.iplocation.net/ it shows your location as somewhere in the UK and not some colony or other remote entity?  As a last resort you might try account support at https://support.roku.com/contactus and see if they can figure out how to get your account associated with the right region, but I don't have high hopes.

0 Kudos
Speedwell1
Reel Rookie

Thanks again for your help

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.