Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
randy8245
Channel Surfer

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

Well it's been 3 weeks now without a peep or squawk from an actual Roku employee as to whether their intentions are to fix the missing channel numbers or leave their "test" as is. Seeing forum moderators chime in with their occasional lips to ass and half apologetic replies is not the kind of response that is needed here.

After spending 5 minutes or longer each time I want to change to a specific station on the roku device, I couldn't be more pissed off every time I do it.

The channel guide is a total joke. Every time I click the left arrow on the directional pad to bring up the guide it goes back to the all channels category. That's fine, that's the way it has always worked. What is not fine is that the morons in control of the roku seem to find it amusing to reorder the stations in the all channels category in the guide each time I f'n open it. Not to mention how f'd it is to find a station in the guide without the numbers on them.

No Joke. I'm about ready to take it outside and beat it with a sledgehammer and buy a competitors system since Christmas is almost here.

On the other hand, there's also nothing on the roku that I can't open from my PC and view on a tv monitor with an hdmi or rca jacks/ wifi and DLNA media server anyway.

That was the main reason I got a roku to start with was the ease of use to view some select content. Well with that easiness gone, I could just as easy (since they want to make it difficult as they can make it) go back to the PC to where I know everything is where I put it. And to have total control with IP blockers a vpn and no adds just like I did before since their main goal apparently is to make it as difficult as they can on me to use their system with them removing the most simplistic useful feature. The channel numbers.

daveyd128
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I returned the TCL R635 I had, although it was a great TV with great picture, and moved onto the Hisense U8K. I saw that the Google Play had the Roku Channel app, downloaded it, went to Live TV, and alas, there are channel numbers.  What is Roku doing?  

mbhndte8

Jump to solution

You keep making reference to using a voice remote, well not everyone has this newer invention. If you want to make things better and more user friendly how about designing a remote with a number panel.  If it ain't broke...don't fix it!!!!! Please put the channel numbers back.

Jump to solution

It's BS like this that makes me want to switch streaming services.

gerrypratt

Jump to solution

Roku must have a CEO that never tried using there new software without channel numbers.  I'm in the market for a new tv and guess what?  BYE BYE ROKU hello Google TV!

Bring the channel numbers back!

Jump to solution

Bring the channel numbers back! This is complete ignorance on your part to remove channel numbers and then to advertise shows with channel numbers. I have enjoyed Roku, but now not so much.  I’ve spent the last three weeks trying to figure out what I had done to make them disappear, because I cannot see the channel names, nor do I care what their icons are. You have taken hours from my life that I’ll never get back trying to figure it out and hours reading comments about this change you’ve done without discussing with your users.  Bring the numbers back and stop being ignorant!!!!!!

iknowaguy
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This was an unthought through horrible decision. It has really thrown a wrench in me purchasing any more Roku moving forward.

ChannelNumbers
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have solved the problem! I went out and spent $99 on a 40" Amazon Fire TV which is AWESOME, downloaded the ROKU App and I have channel numbers and I also didn't give this company any more money. This is a clear example of how disorganized this company is. Run to BB and get the Fire TV and ditch these Bozos. 

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Bring the channel numbers back!

Jump to solution

Hi @ImgonnabeaKaren,

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community!

We're sorry for the experience that it has caused you. Thanks for sharing your thoughts, and we value your feedback as our valued customer. However, we currently don't have any information to share; feel free to watch our blog at https://www.roku.com/blog for future announcements or updates. We will forward your valuable feedback to the concerned team for review.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winston3338
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello ChannelNumbers, I saw your answer and I tried to buy the same TV, but they must be out of stock. The genius behind the Roku war against the remote control is Anthony Wood. 

We look at the digital remote and thank God for technology, Tony saw confusing numbers. We look at the TV schedule and the only other logical choice is channel letters, but Tony only sees those confusing numbers again. One of us is nuts.