Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bratface
Streaming Star

Re: What has happened to the channel numbers on the streaming channels?

Jump to solution

November 3, 2023

And you STILL CONTINUE TO ADVERTISE CHANNELS BY NUMBERS!!!

stupid.jpg

Mike-929

Jump to solution

Mine neither ... N Texas

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

AND YOU ARE STILL ADVERTISING CHANNELS BY THEIR NUMBERS!

stupid.jpg

randy8245
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It's been a week already that we've had to endure this moronic change to the Roku channel guide. What sheer stupidity. I've seen the channel list in the All channels section rearrange the channels at the top 3 times today.

This update/downgrade is beyond lunacy. If you're going to take the channel numbers away at least make the list customizable for the viewer so that we can order the channels the way we want them.

I was planning on treating my family room to a new 50" inch Roku this Christmas. Believe I'll try out one of the other Smart tv's like an Amazon or Google Android or whatever other people brag on so highly.

bratface
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@randy8245,

If I could afford a new TV I would go with a Samsung with the Tizen OS! Don't go with a Fire/Amazon TV because they are so proprietary!

Luigi2

Jump to solution

Put the channel numbers back.   The Roku app is USELESS with out the numbers,  I will be forced to switch to a different streaming service.  This is the worst thing anyone could do to a great app.  Ridiculous

trob220

Jump to solution

Hello,

Roku, what are you doing? you have destroyed the awesome channel guide you had, who at Roku though

this was a good idea? Fire that person. Also, just saw two ads on the Roku Channel advertising other channel’s.

they said go to channel number Etc. Etc., but wait, there are no channel numbers anymore. I was in the process of upgrading my 65 inch

Roku TV to a 75 Inch Roku TV, I will not be doing that. The guide is now like all the other free streaming APPS ( Pluto-Tubi Etc. ) .  You had a

Good thing and were miles above the other free streaming Apps with ads, now you’re all the same, nothing special anymore.

Dumbtv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Put the channel numbers back now or I'm throwing it out the door and wissing on it!

Dumbtv
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Just figured this much out.

If you know the channel number and have the Roku app on your phone you can put the number in and it will go to the channel selected.

I thought about this because I learned to use the app to skip the scroll through all the channels 

Jump to solution

What a waste of time!!!!!  Channel numbers are easier to see and find. This is ridiculous!!!!!!!!

do you have a young bozo doing your changes?🤡

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.