Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
howieg00
Streaming Star

What happened to Streaming Channels on my Roku

Above settings Streaming Channels used to show. It is no longer there, no matter where I look. Also the "Store" is by Category which is not helpful, and there does not seem to be a search bar.

If I go to Store/Channels there is no Search function. What idiot decided to make this change. The Web site still seems to function, but really this is a big STEP DOWN.

I am using a Roku 4k+ Express if that makes a difference... I would never use a SmartTV for streaming.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: What happened to Streaming Channels on my Roku

@howieg00

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a screenshot of the Home screen menu so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you please also include the OS that your Roku device is currently running? This information, can be found in Settings > System > About.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

The very disappointing removal of the more practical "Streaming Channel" menu option remains regardless of your solution pre-requisite of requesting the Roku version. A request for a screenshot of the more recent menu format will obvious not show the previously existing Streaming Channel format. The initial question was not answered as to why Roku changed the previous menu format to a "Channel Store" menu format?

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

To quote Doctor McCoy: "I know engineers. They love to change things!"

I see a search feature under channel store – it’s one of those purple boxes.  (I didn’t notice it at first.)  Also the search bar that was added to the home screen (that some people have complained about, and some people may not have yet) will also search for channels, movies etc.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos