Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grizz77

Westerns Channel locks up my Roku TV

I subscribed to the Westerns channel but it will not play ANY selection for me.  It starts but then just hangs.  But it also locks up my TCL Roku TV.  All my other Roku subscriptions act the same way the Westerns channel just did.  I have to unplug power from the TV for a few seconds and restart to reset my TV's Roku box.  I have cancelled my Westerns subscription but of course I'm still out my $2.99 without getting to watch a single movie. 

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Westerns Channel locks up my Roku TV

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @grizz77!

It is highly appreciated that you've reached out to us for support about the playback issues you've been experiencing with the Western channels and we'd be more than happy to find you the best resolution possible. 

In this case, kindly try to check for available software updates on your TCL Roku TV by navigating to your Settings > System > Software update > Check Now. After doing so, ensure the signal strength of your network connection under Settings > Network > Check connection and visit our Support article to learn more about the results on How to check the connection to your home network and the internet.

Furthermore, if the issue persists, kindly let us know the specific channels affected. We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos