Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Delta40k
Reel Rookie

Weather channel app not logging in.

Jump to solution

I've tried for the past several days to use my paid subscription to the weather channel, but to no avail. Channel loads and then asks for email and password but won't login. I've seen this problem multiple times on here, but all from a year or more ago. I can't delete the channel and reinstall because that functionality has been removed for subscriptions, which is asinine. As someone who is knowledgeable in troubleshooting, that is the first step in fixing an issue like that and the availability to perform a simple task of troubleshooting is missing. I've unsubscribed, then resubscribed at least a dozen times and still nothing. Why pay for a service if it can't be used? Roku needs to step up and fix this 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cannot login to Weather Channel

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jimmie-d

Sending you our welcome here in the Roku Community.

We acknowledge your inquiry regarding the Weather Channel's contact for support, and we'd be more than glad to assist you with that.

For more information regarding their contact information, kindly visit Weather Channel Support - The Weather Channel

We hope that your concerns will be sorted out soon, and if there's anything we can do to assist you further, please let us know.

Best wishes,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 REPLIES 45
LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Cannot login to Weather Channel

Jump to solution

Sorry to jump on this a year later, but guess what?  We are having this very issue!  Sooooo, obviously there hasn't been any changes to this problem.  

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here at the Roku Community, @LMC1972!

No problem at all! We're here to find you the best resolution possible. 

May we first know where you purchased your subscription? Is it under Roku or directly from the app? In addition, is this the first time you've experienced this issue after the subscription? What precise troubleshooting process have you done to resolve the issue?

The best course of action will be suggested once we have a better understanding of the situation. We'll be anticipating your response!

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Like the the OP had asked, we purchased the app directly from Roku tv and pay a monthly fee.  First it was a 7 day trial, then we purchased it.  It was working fine until a couple days ago when we had to re-log in.  It kept saying wrong password.  My husband even tried to reset the password, but it still wouldn't let us log in.  Only after 2 failed attempts, it locked us and said try again later.  We tried waiting a day, but still the same.  We couldn't figure out how to delete the app because we have a subscription, and it didn't seem to let us.  We're not sure what to do.  

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LMC1972,

Thank you for keeping us posted!

We understand you're having a problem with the weather channel since you can't log in. We're happy to help you. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates. In addition, please try to log in again and ensure that you're putting in the correct credentials.

If the problem still persists, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Please let us know if there's anything else that we can do to assist you.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick_R
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I have also lost the ability to login to my, paid through Roku, Weather Channel app.

it is version 4.7 build 1

first noticed on Oct 13, 2023

LMC1972
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have been swapping emails with TWC tech support and they had to escalate it.  So it is being investigated.  Are you having the same issue with the app not recognizing the password?  We can't even delete the app because of the subscription.  I guess the only thing to do is wait for that to run out next week. But doubt we'll sign back up with this mess!  Good thing we didn't pay for a year.  

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Rick_R,

We appreciate you for posting here in the Roku Community!

Have you tried removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it? In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > PowerSystem Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).
  3. Reinstall the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

If you can still not log in to the channel, getting help from our account billing team may be more effective. You can get in touch with them through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the "Account, payments & subscriptions" options; they are the best ones to help you.

Please keep us posted if you need any additional help.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rick_R
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I contacted TWC today with my report (Oct 14).

I just started having problems in the past couple of days.

I have been a paid (annual) subscriber since Sept 1 and have had no previous problems.

Hopefully the problem is resolved soon.

I don't want to uninstall the app since I've already paid for a full year.

Rick_R
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It get an error screen immediately after I get to the password entry screen.

0 Kudos