Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nckee

Watching my subscriptions on another roku tv

I have a roku express in my bedroom and love watching my channels. I have another tv in my den only its roku ready and I'm not able to watch my channels. Do I have to subscribe again to watch it on another device

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Watching my subscriptions on another roku tv

@Nckee 

You can share subscriptions between Roku devices/RokuTVs when they are all linked to the same Roku account (email address).

From Settings/System/About you can see your email address(account) that the device is linked or registered to.

Not sure what you mean by "roku ready".

If it is a RokuTV in a den, then you can Factory Reset it (Settings/System/Advanced System Settings/Factory Reset), and then set it up through the same email address you used for your Express so it is linked to the same Roku Account.  What is available on one, will now be available on the other.  Any changes you now make to one, will also be made on the other, including adding or removing Channels/apps.

If the TV in the den is a smartTV with only the Roku Channel app installed on it, then you are limited to only the content on the Roku Channel (free Live TV and free on-demand content library).  If this is the case, you can purchase a Roku device for this smartTV as well, or maybe just subscribe directly to the Subscription provider directly, rather than through Roku.

If you subscribe directly to your Subscription (rather than through Roku), that will usually allow to install the app to both your Roku device and other platforms (laptops, other streaming devices, smartTVs, etc) without the need for additional devices or linking to same account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@AvsGunnar wrote:

... Not sure what you mean by "roku ready". ...

This is confusing, unless ... Remember the old Roku MHL Stick model 3400? They sold TVs with MHL ports and called them "Roku Ready" TVs. I remember Walmart selling them, but not sure who all else sold them. If OP has one of these really old TV from ten years ago, ... nah. Probably just a poor turn of a phrase.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

AvsGunnar

@DBDukes 

Always wondered which TVs accepted that MHL.  Never had a TV with that port.  Thanks for that info - thats answers a lingering question.

Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos