Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rknutjr

WHY DO I HAVE TO RESTART MY ROKU TO GET A PICTURE WHEN USING THE SPECTRUM APP

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
rknutjr

Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO RESTART MY ROKU TO GET A PICTURE WHEN USING THE SPECTRUM APP

what's funny is when i restart the roku the picture returns.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: WHY DO I HAVE TO RESTART MY ROKU TO GET A PICTURE WHEN USING THE SPECTRUM APP

@rknutjr 

Perhaps the Roku device has either lost its HDMI handshake with the TV  or has gone to sleep/low power mode when this occurs.

See if any of the below saves you from a restart.

1. Try pressing the Home button a couple of times to wake the device. (should only take one press, but a couple wont hurt anything).

2. Using the TV remote (not Roku remote) try switching inputs (i.e. select HDMI2, then back to HDMI 1).  Basically, switch to another input, then back to the Roku input.

3. Try disabling Auto Power Savings if available on your device.  Go to Settings/System/Power/Auto Power Savings/20-min [Disable]

4. Try powering your device from the wall if currently using your TV USB port for power.

---

The restarting of the Roku device is likely re-establishing the HDMI handshake between the device and the TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos