Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
800summit
Reel Rookie

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

Well it's not working today  1/15/2024

0 Kudos
JAMESON923

THIS IS A TERRIBLE APP!!! I've almost wrecked several times having to turn off captions every time I go in and out of the app or pause the program....it DOESN'T save the setting. Next, ALLLLLLL that space on my phone screen and they put this little tiny "X" in the corner that you try to touch over and over while avoiding a head on collision. Next, you can't play this app while having other apps open, like YouTube, Rumble, Fox, etc. You can't rotate/flip the screen. Next, this app is SLOW when opening. And every stinkin freakin time a new show starts at the top of the hour, it just spins and spins and spins and spins and spins!!!! It's NOT the connection on both our new Galaxy S23 Ultra's.... EVERY other app on our (5G UC/all bars/excellent service) phones opens super fast... it ONLY on this pathetically designed app. Whoever designed it needs to be fired and common sense inserted into revamping this **bleep**!!! I refuse to pay, and disputed the first month. Newsmax does not, and will not receive one penny from me until they fix it!!!! Just resign up with one of my other email addresses. Once they stop using another email, I'll go back full time to Fox. Heck, I'll even give my money to CNN (cartoon news network) or MSNBC before I pay a penny to Newsmax over their shi itty app. F U Newsmax... FIX YOUR FREAKING APP, MAKE THE "X" LARGER TO EXIT OUT OF THAT SCREEN THAT I HAVE TO GO INTO TO TO TURN OFF CAPTIONS EVERY TIME I TAKE A DAM BREATH AND KEEP CATIONS TURNED OFF WHEN I TURN THEM OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK take a deep breath I saw briefly a lot of swearing and yeah I understand completely I was there there is a few networks that have not signed up to allow Newsmax that’s first of all you have to find out if you’re streaming allows Newsmax. That’s number one if it does you’re gonna go to newsmaxplus.com you do not go anywhere else but there on your phone to pay for the $50 for the year. Now next you’re going to wait till you get your receipt on your email because you’re giving them an email and a password when you set up the account now once you got confirmation that they have your pay you can go into newsmaxplus.com app but it’s brand new it’s been updated so if you have the Newsmax app you have the first update that app or just get rid of it and reintroduced another one but I would suggest you don’t do that because you paid off of that app. So just go in to Newsmax app and refresh it reprogram it whatever it’s called you go into the app or if you have Roku you go into Roku and refresh or update all your apps  it has choices to do that once you’ve done that you will get the Newsmax Plus on your app that’s existing because you paid for it and it picked that up through your email account. Now you can use Pluto also and you could bring up Newsmax plus they’ll give you a plain Newsmax app you don’t want that one that was free all the time and there’s Newsmax Plus that’s the one you want so you bring that up on Pluto  And you save it in your favorites so when you open up Pluto it’ll pop up automatically if you have any questions write me back I will find a way to get back to you and answer any of those questions but do what I told you. And when you write back pull it in bullet form  You know what you did and what you didn’t do if you have questions all the best 

0 Kudos
DRS222
Binge Watcher

It would be much better if Newsmax would come out from behind their "Pay-wall" and once again have their news channel free for all.  Newsmax use to be my choice for news channels and news programs.  A few months ago, I tried to sign-up for their Newsmax+ with absolutely no luck, so I quit trying and went back to fox news on Sirius XM.  IMO this move, by Newsmax, was a complete blunder on their part, as I am sure they lost a great deal of their listeners.

0 Kudos
DRS222
Binge Watcher

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

While I've stopped trying to download Newsmax +, another aggravating issue has risen, by Newsmax.  When I go to my e-mail account, I find that I have on average 5-8 e-mail messages from Newsmax!!  I've tried to unsubscribe to their e-mails, but can't as their methods won't allow one to unsubscribe.  Everyday, I access my e-mail account and it is "Clogged" with unwanted e-mails from Newsmax.  Anyone else receiving these unwanted e-mails from Newsmax??

0 Kudos
larnsal
Channel Surfer

Still won'twork during Prime time ever This Sucks!! Fix the **bleep** APP!!!

800summit
Reel Rookie

I have the same message, Newsmax plus works fine on other devices, BUT SUCKS ON MY ROKU TV

0 Kudos
Randy71
Reel Rookie

Same issue here! I must launch Newsmax before 7 pm Eastern to get it to connect.

0 Kudos
Marilee
Reel Rookie

No

0 Kudos
Marilee
Reel Rookie

I got it. I unplugged my TV and I restarted my router. The other channels that didn’t open now open

0 Kudos