Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TT65
Reel Rookie

Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Let me preface to say I know this isn't a Roku issue but a Newsmax one.  This is happening on the Roku platform tho so this is the only place I know to post of it...

Yesterday I got the new app & was able to login to watch live NewsMax+.  I thought everything was fixed finally but NO! This morning when I click the icon to open the app the word "Newsmax" appears briefly then I get a blue screen which eventually turns to gray.  The app never opens. 

On my 5th or so try I finally made it to the actual starting page of the app but when I clicked OK to start the live stream it went to a screen that says "Source unavailable".  I hit the "try again" button on that screen 3 times & it kept trying to reload but landed on the source unavailable screen every time.

I have restarted my Roku & also verified my Newsmax app has no updates available.  Is the app working for others? 

275 REPLIES 275
Lrichtn

Re: Newsmax crashes on Roku but not on Samsung plus

Same with us- we have 2 roku tvs and 3 others, each running on its own roku plug in device. We have 2 internet service providers- TMobile and Att- everything works except the newsmax app on roku. It crashes all the time. Roku should investigate and fogure out what is going on. I can watch newsmax on anything besides roku with no issues ever. What gives? 

Lrichtn

I can give all that info now except the tracker- i would not remember all the keystrokes needed or be able to find this post to add that in next time it crashes. 

RTR2461-B-CA , X02000FKP94F  ,  S0MC632KP94f  ,  12.5.0 build 4177-E5 , newsmax tv app version 1.6 build 1

9101R2 Roku streambar pro  , YL005H286296,  3K6325286296,  12.5.0 build 4178-95  , newsmax tv app ver 1.6 build 1

you can contact me thru my account email address if you need more details than that.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Lrichtn, Newsmax is moving to a paid service (Newsmax+), so the old channel/app may be abandoned.  The new app isn't ready yet, but should be soon.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
rpontius
Reel Rookie

NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

Like many others, I wasn't able to view the new Newsmax+ for the last 2 days after subscribing/paying, searching for a new "plus" app, updating the existing app, looking for a login/subscriber code entry, deleting and re-installing the app, power cycling the Roku, etc. NOTHING worked and it was extremely frustrating and disappointing that Newsmax didn't do a better job of rolling this out and, most importantly - communicating.

Just a little while ago I hit the "*" button and selected "Check for updates" for the *existing* Newsmax Roku app - lo and behold it began updating and when I invoked the app again I got a Login prompt, entered the credentials I used to subscribe and voila! - it worked exactly as I expected 2 days ago.

I must say the new Roku app does seem improved and the look and feel is better - I hope the issue is now resolved for everyone and we can now just get back to enjoying what is probably still the best news source available (now that it is actually "available"). Next on my wish list: a commercial-free paid version (I for one would pay $20+ a month for this).

SirRen
Channel Surfer

Re: NEWSMAX+ ISSUE NOW *RESOLVED* (?)

I can confirm that it is working. I told Newsmax the problem on social media and they realized they had not way for us to sign in. So they fixed it and patched it to Roku.

SirRen
Channel Surfer

Straight from an email from Newsmax Customer Support

Dear Newsmax Viewer,

We have exciting news to share with all our Roku users.

Our Newsmax app on Roku devices has been updated to give you the ability to seamlessly watch the Newsmax channel with a Newsmax+ subscription.

Here's how to get started:

If you have automatic updates enabled on your Roku device, the app updates to the latest version automatically.

If you have automatic updates disabled, you can manually update the app to the latest version. Click here for an instructional video or follow the steps below:

Open your Roku device and press the “Home” button on your Roku remote.
Scroll to the right and highlight the Newsmax app.
With the Newsmax App highlighted, press the asterisk (or star) button on the Roku remote. A popup menu will appear.
Within the popup menu, select “check for updates” and follow the prompt to update the app.
Logging In to Start Streaming:

Open the Newsmax app on your Roku device.
Navigate to "Account Settings" in the left navigation menu.
Select "Login" from the options.
Use your Newsmax+ credentials to login and start streaming.
If you encounter any issues accessing our content, our customer support team is here to assist you by phone or email:

Newsmax customer support email: customerservice@newsmax.com
If you're not a subscriber to Newsmax+, go online to NewsmaxPlus.com to sign up.

You can easily access the Newsmax channel on Newsmax+ using your TV or smartphone app.

Newsmax+ delivers breaking news, expert analysis, and commentary from renowned contributors and political pundits that you can’t find anywhere else.

Each day you’ll find Rob Schmitt, Greta Van Susteren, Greg Kelly, Eric Bolling . . .

And also watch great guests like Mike Huckabee, **bleep** Morris, Kari Lake, Alan Dershowitz, Victor Davis Hanson and more.

Oakydoughkey
Binge Watcher

Confirming that the update is available. Select the NewsMax logo button

and then the asterisk button for options and then select the check for updates

and install the update and bingo you should get Version 5 Build 1 if same

as mine.  When you are updated and then open the NewsMax app you

will be prompted for your credentials used when you subscribed and

after entering them your NewsMax app button will open to NewsMax Plus.

Customer service called me to say the update had been activated today. 

It works fine so far.

I have tried the steps above and it is asking for me to subscribe.... again. I was able to access yesterday but not today. I can access on my phone though. What gives?

rpontius
Reel Rookie

I had the same issue - after closing and going back to the app it said "you have been logged out" and I couldn't login (and got subscription prompts) until I: 1) logged out (despite it saying I was logged out); 2) logging back in with my subscription credentials.

0 Kudos