Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Re: Updated Newsmax App Will Not Open

Let’s hope 

0 Kudos
Joan6
Reel Rookie

This is the information I got from newsmax 

Dear Joan,

Thank you for the additional information. The login issue was escalated yesterday and the app team is actively working to resolve the issue causing only users who purchased through Roku to log in multiple times. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. 

Sincerely,
Amanda
0 Kudos
Ambro5
Reel Rookie

Realized the pay wall has gone up and no more free streaming of Newsmax due to so called cable restrictions but you can still access newsmax for 5.99/month which I did because I love their content

0 Kudos
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

I pay straight thru Newsmax. Not Roku*

Anniedog
Reel Rookie

I registered and paid on Newsmax+ website. Having continuous problem with Roku and Samsung smart TV. No problem with iPhone or Kindle Fire. 

Thought Roku problem was fixed yesterday cause I didn’t have to log in. Today I’m back to being stuck on the blue screen. 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

You’re not imagining yes Roku has worked with Newsmax and they updated their app so it would work compatibly with their new Newsmax Plus program that is behind a pay wall cell Yep that should be OK however every now and then you still have to put in your email and password if that ever fails you can go into Roku live find Newsmax and when you plug it in that way it’ll come up automatically cause you paid for it you can also try it on Pluto in the Litchfield area or Connecticut area and get that to come in live streaming just punched in Newsmax and save it as a favorite so it comes up automatically enjoy PS I would pay for a year at a time this way you don’t have problems every month when it runs out 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK did you first of all pay directly at the newsmaxplus.com website that is the only place you can pay once you put in your password and email does send you a receipt when you get the receipts you should be able to go on any streaming site that carries Newsmax and you’ll automatically get Newsmax Plus because you paid for it now if all of a sudden starts asking for your email address and password several times that means there’s a problem with your payment make sure you use the card that has a limit that has not been reached and you entered in all the numbers correctly 

0 Kudos
Pastor123
Streaming Star

OK let’s do this together first did you pay with a credit card that is valid and you put another correct numbers at newsmaxplus.com??? if you did not that’s where you need to go back and pay then you will get a receipt when you use your email address and the password you invent for it. Now once you get the receipt you should be able to use a Roku and go into Roku live and get it by pulling up Newsmax app. If you have the old Newsmax app go into Roku and hit update for that app look it up on Google it’ll show you how to do it. You can also watch it on Pluto you put in Newsmax it’ll automatically bring you into Newsmax Plus and put it into your favorites so when you open Pluto you’ll get it this should work fine and it all stems from the way you processed your payment. Hope this helps

0 Kudos
Beatle61
Channel Surfer

Paid for on Newsmax with CC and received an emailed receipt. Have uninstalled and reinstalled the app on Roku. So it’s the latest. 

0 Kudos
davcar

Re: Newsmax app has me signed out?????

FYI ours did too , signed up Monday was found to be logged out Wednesday , had to log back in

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.