Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Purple17

Turn off TV Inputs app consolidation

I recently noticed my Roku TV has one TV inputs button that has all of my connected devices consolidated in it. Is there a way to go back to having each one be it's own app? It's kind of inconvenient to have to click on the TV Inputs app, and then select which one I want. I'm not sure why they changed this, but clicking around I can't see an obvious way to revert it.

6 REPLIES 6
foolmoron

Re: Turn off TV Inputs app consolidation

Yup, pretty stupid to have 20 icons on the home page, 10 of which are unused, and still have to click twice to get to a specific input 

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

@foolmoron If you can icons on the home page that you do not use they are easily removed.  Put the cursor on the icon, press the asterick key, and select remove.

0 Kudos
foolmoron

Sure but then I'll have a mostly empty home page and I still have to click twice to change TV input

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

This "feature" as been universally and soundly panned by users here in these forums, and Reddit as well.  I can't recall one post in favor of it.  I fully expect to see this rectified in a new release, sooner rather than later.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
Brian_V
Reel Rookie

I agree.  They need to either remove the "TV Inputs" folder or make it optional.  It is extremely inconvenient for those of us that switch between TV Inputs often.

0 Kudos
Wilsom

Indeed, it seems rather impractical to clutter the home page with 20 icons, especially when half of them go unused. It's frustrating to find that you still have to go through two clicks just to access a specific input.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.