Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ogregon45
Reel Rookie

Try open any show on Acorn TV app & get weird Roku billing notice, and will not open show

I am an Acorn TV subscriber, billed thru Roku. I am on auto-renew. 

Lately any attempt to simply view a program on Acorn TV channel produces a strange on-screen notice, headlined "Roku Billing:"

"You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku.    Please use the credentials you used to subscribe when you sign in.   2500-000000-607"

I have closed the channel and re-signed in with my Acorn user name and password, reloaded the Acorn channel, and tried other fix attempts, including a Roku box re-set on one of my two Rokus, but the notice keeps popping up.   

All other channels are behaving fine.    If I cannot figure out how to access my Acorn subscription via Roku, I may cancel it, and subscribe to Acorn directly.    As Yul Brynner once said as the King of Siam, "Is a puzzlement."   TIA for any input on this.   

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Try open any show on Acorn TV app & get weird Roku billing notice, and will not open show

Try to access it through "The Roku Channel".

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Ogregon45
Reel Rookie

Re: Try open any show on Acorn TV app & get weird Roku billing notice, and will not open show

Thank you for the suggestion.

I tried to access Acorn through the Roku Channel, and received a pop-up notice that I am already an Acorn subscriber with access to Acorn through my Roku home page.   

It said if I wanted to access Acorn through the Roku channel I would need to cancel my other subscription and then come back to set up accessing Acorn on the Roku channel.

BTW, I tried signing in to Acorn with my Roku credentials vs Acorn credentials, with no success.

On the bright side, Acorn support has reached out to me to say they have a ticket on my problem now, and said a rep would be in touch.   

Thanks again for trying to help.

0 Kudos