Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csargent1
Reel Rookie

Re: Too many commercials on The Roku Channel?

roku! your ads are uncomfortable! i dont want to see an ad about cancer 30 times within an hour! why put these hardcore commercials on so frequently?!? it’s too much!

0 Kudos
DoctorWho4

I have an interest in improving the Roku experience as a user. I think the ad experience could be improved if the very same 4 or 5 commercials were not shown every single commercial time. Also, the ads are almost invariably promoting other Roku channels, and they are always the very same Roku channels (in my experience), rather than products or a variety of different channels with each interruption for each particular show. Hire people to bring in a variety of product advertisements. Roku knows what channels are the user's favorite channels. Roku could therefore focus in 3 commercials in the users particular interest area and 2 outside of the interest area to promote expansion. Remember the adage: "Variety is the spice of life."

0 Kudos
Nancy8858
Reel Rookie

It's the intermission with the Ads that are turning me off, and I'm sure turning others away from watching shows on Roku. They are at times LONGER than the show itself. A nightmare to watch with all the interruptions. The ads I understand, but why intermission on top of it????

0 Kudos
DougFL

It's a risky issue for Roku... I am both a long term customer, and a shareholder. Many companies forget who the real customer is, and instead make the shareholder, the board of directors, and the CEO the customer and attempt to make them happy rather than the end user, who is the real customer. Roku stock has not performed well over the past few months -- I'll watch the March 2024 quarterly earnings report before deciding what to do with the stock, but as the end user, I am not impressed with the recent ad saturation into many channels, especially Bloomberg. It might be time to dump Roku in several ways. 😞

0 Kudos
jg1
Channel Surfer

I Agree, there is more commercials on the roku channels and the Live TV channels . That I get off of the roku box.  I just finally clicked out of the movie because I'm sick of the d*** commercials.. There is no excuse for them.Having that many commercials it is more than what are unregular channels.

0 Kudos
jg1
Channel Surfer

Yeah, I've been monitoring the commercials and some of these commercials are like 5 minutes long.There is more commercials than the movie

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.