Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
the_Jet

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

Same problem, but found a workaround. Launch a browser in iPhone (I use Safari), go to Tageschau website, launch program, and then Airplay onto Roku TV.

0 Kudos
charlesjhelm
Reel Rookie

We are having the same problem.  There clearly has been a change to the app.  I tried several versions of Roku.  I can still watch it on the computer but not Roku

g Ro

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Roku Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing an issue with the Tagesschau channel and we're so sorry to hear about the experience.

Our Roku team would like to take a look to see if we can help here. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rnbwdmn

Per your request:

Model 3800X Roku Firestick

Sn YF00DT039244

Software 12.0.0 build 4178-55

Device ID CT382D039244

Channel not functioning - tagesschau Version 2.0 Build 1

Error ID 44-174-194

Simply select tagesschau from home screen, and you get a momentary wheel, and it returns to home screen.  This happens on ALL my Roku devices, not just this one.

charlesjhelm
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem.  It woks with Tagesschau on Roku.   I can watch Tagesschau on my Imac, iPhone, and    Samsung Galaxy with a Taggeschau app.  

0 Kudos
charlesjhelm
Reel Rookie

I don't think the problem is with Roku.I have two different Roku devices and it was the same problem.  Taggesschau is fine on iPhone and IPAD

0 Kudos
AndyHSpace
Channel Surfer

@RokuMary-F

Roku device model: TCL model 55S401
Hardware ID: 7111x
serial number: YN00NL003699
device ID: CN684N003699
software OS/version: 11.5.0 - build 4312-30

does this issue occur on a specific channel? Tagesschau
version/build is the channel: Version 2.0 - Build 1
tracker ID: 99-174-248

THX for your support !

0 Kudos
RCHenderson
Reel Rookie

Mary...here is my information:

Roku Device: TCL Model 55R655

Serial #: X02100FG11CH

Device ID: S0G052DG11CH

Software Version: 12.00 Build 4178-DK

This ONLY occurs on Tagesschau24

Tracker ID: CH-174-243

Hopefully you can get this sorted out!

0 Kudos
pejue
Reel Rookie

Same ROKU issue here.  Tried it on FireTV stick and that works.

0 Kudos
Hauslotti

Tagesschau apparently changed the app April 25th. When is Rocky updating to the new one 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.