Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpinDoc11

Re: The „Tagesschau“ channel will not open

Same experience here... 

Marc9999
Reel Rookie

Same issue re Tagesschau - please fix Roku - it’s been 2 days now

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @SpinDoc11 @Marc9999

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

If the issue persists from one channel/content after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
liesl
Reel Rookie

Facing the same problem, tried the steps Roku suggested to no avail.

If Roku believes the issue is with the channel provider, would be super helpful to provide a contact email to us (or better yet Roku lodge a request for a fix with the channel provider).

Liesl

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

It looks like this is their web site. I don't speak German, so hopefully there is some form of contact information available:

https://www.tagesschau.de/ 

0 Kudos
RCHenderson
Reel Rookie

I just wrote an email to the ARD Tagesschau24 team to see if they can help. Clearly Roku could do more than just tell all of us to remove the channel, restart our Roku devices and then reinstall the channel. I, along with many others have done the same with no results.

We’ll see if the ARD team gets back to me. Will repost if they do…I miss my Tagesschau24 channel a lot…easily one of the best German news/information channels around. Unfortunately, Roku no longer (if they ever did) offers a ZDF news channel…you can find that on the Amazon Firestick but not on Roku!

AndyHSpace
Channel Surfer

You can use this link to report to Tagesschau: https://www.tagesschau.de/kontakt-formular-tagesschau-100.html

Also please include the link to this Chat.

In addition @RokuSupportTeam, why don't you try the channel on your device? And if it does not work follow your own advice and report it to Tagesschau yourself. That would be gtreat support. 

In addition to youtube you can also stream it directly from your computer and smartphone, But with Roku it is much more convinient and now an opportunity for Roku to shine with help and support.

pejue
Reel Rookie

ditto.

0 Kudos
pejue
Reel Rookie

I did the same with the same result.

0 Kudos
rlourlou

I have the same issue with the Tagesshau app on Roku. Now I watch the Tagesschau on Amazon Fire TV Cube and it works perfectly.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.