Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ooeemusic
Binge Watcher

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

Have not heard back from them yet, and it is 2.3.

0 Kudos
Deweysmith5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reset my Samsung TV to 1080p and the app is working.

Deweysmith5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Sorry, it wasn't the tv, I meant I reset the display type on my Roku from 4k to 1080p.

ooeemusic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Oh interesting. I'll try that. 

0 Kudos
grammymidge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Deweysmith5 thanks for coming up with this fix. I was able to change the resolution to 1080p on the ROKU Ultra and it worked. I am confused why the change has to happen with only Season 4 episodes 1-4 and the After Show videos and not the live streams. Also all the Seasons 1-3 videos do not freeze during streaming with the 4K resolution. Makes me wonder what changed with the processing of videos for the Season 4 videos to allow streaming. Can any one answer that? 

0 Kudos
Wharris26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

That makes sense, my TV is 4K, so that might be why it works for some and not others.  I will plug mine into a 1080 tv to see if it works on that.

grammymidge
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wharris26 you do not have to move the ROKU to another TV. All you need to do is change the type of TV screen setting in the ROKU. Your 4K will adjust for the resolution change automatically. I can assure you the solution works. I tried it on my 4K and it worked just fine.

0 Kudos
Deweysmith5
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It is my wild guess that season four is running 4k. What little I saw the definition was definitely higher. I tried season three and the resolution was not 4k. I believe that the app cannot handle the data that the Roku device needs for 4k, Hopefully, all they need to do is provide a larger buffer in the app. Again, this is a wild guess. But  as a retired electrical engineer, I have nothing better to do.

Wharris26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I adjusted it down to 4k 30 frames per second and it still froze but as you said, it works at 1080p perfectly

0 Kudos
ooeemusic
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I changed it to 1080p and it seems to he working. Thank you so much for figuring that out!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.