Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Re: Chosen App Crashes constantly

Jump to solution

Everyone go update. It went out this morning 

0 Kudos
Wharris26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I removed the app, restarted the Roku, added the app again, checked for update and the images freeze shortly after the episode starts

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello!

Version 2.3 of The Chosen app was published this morning (June 13th). Please update your app to resolve issues.

(Highlight the app in the Channel grid, press the * button, and "check for updates." Confirm that you now have version 2.3 of the app.)

I have just done this and have no trouble streaming episodes from Season 4.

0 Kudos
sibsib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello!

After updating The Chosen app to version 2.3 this morning, I tried watching S4 Ep3 and it works fine. It also does not require any extra / unneeded login when I launch the app.

I suggest updating the app to version 2.3 and trying again!

0 Kudos
bridge66
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I updated to 2.3, but Season 4 episode 3 still locked up during the opening credits after the Come and See logo.  Video stops, but audio continues.  Tried episodes 1 and 2 as well, and they did the same.  After letting the audio play for 30 seconds or so, an error window pops up saying the was a video playback error.  The livestreams seem to work fine.

0 Kudos
Choco51290
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Removed the app, restarted Roku stream bar, reloaded app, and…….nothing changed. Still locks up and we cannot watch. This needs to be a priority and a solution found. As a financial supporter, I understand the issues to a degree, but I cannot help but think the delay, and this poor service is tied to something other than the message of Jesus. 

fyb3roptik
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The app is working just fine for most everyone else. This issue is tide to either your internet or device

0 Kudos
bridge66
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@fyb3roptik 

Yeah, I suppose that's it.  My internet is only 566.09 mb/sec and my Roku is hardwired to my router.  This is the only app I have trouble with (YouTubeTV, Apple, Disney, Netflix, and Amazon Prime all work fine), but yes, it's probably just me.

0 Kudos
Choco51290
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Well, it’s not my internet. 

software os 13.0.0 build 24056-95 and when I look for an update it tells me I am up to date.

Roku model 9120RW

As you seem to be the all-knowing apparently casting aspersions, perhaps you can Devine the answer as to why this doesn’t work on my system!

0 Kudos
Wharris26
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

How do you know the app is working for most others? You cannot know that.  Your statement is not valid

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.