Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2morrow
Reel Rookie

Tastemade Channel 451 has poor resolution

The Tastemade channel 451 on Roku TV Live has very poor resolution. The picture is highly pixelated but the audio is good. Other channels do not have this issue. The WiFi signal is excellent. This started 2 weeks ago. Anyway to fix this issue?

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
PCPony

Re: Tastemade Channel 451 has poor resolution

Same issue, Pacific Northwest USA. Still no solutions found. Tastemade channel is the only channel affected, but not it's commercial breaks. Commercials are crystal clear, just not the content. 

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @2morrow

Thanks for letting us know about the playback issue that you are running into, I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?

We also recommend starting here to troubleshoot channel issues: Follow these steps in order:
1. Navigate to the channel tile on the Roku home screen, press the * key on your remote, and choose 'Remove channel'.
2. Next, restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. (For Roku TV Settings>System>Power>System restart)
3. Once your player or TV starts up again, go to 'Streaming Channels' on the Home screen, and add the channel back once more.
For full information on this, you can take a look at this link: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku

Please keep us posted and try doing this to see if it helps with what you're experiencing.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@RokuLianna, this has happened to the same channel on The Roku Channel in the past:
https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Tastemade-is-blurry/m-p/683493?search-action-id=71061...

No amount of restarting/removing/adding fixed it then and I doubt it will fix it now.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
2morrow
Reel Rookie

I saw that thread and thought of tagging on but realized that it was almost a yr old now. 😞

0 Kudos
2morrow
Reel Rookie

Hi Lianna,

This issue is only specific to the Tastemade channel 451 within the Roku TV app Live TV. Other channels within the Roku TV app Live TV does not have this issue.

This not the Tastemade app channel. Do you want me to remove the Roku TV app?

Tried removing the Roku TV channel, restarted and adding it back but the Tastemade Channel still looks very poor resolution.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Until resolved, you can watch Tastemade on the free channel/app Plex from the Roku Channel Store.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/68e8d568fdd68a1197a2b9a5f69e16c0/plex-free-movies-and-tv

In Plex Live TV, located under Lifestyle section of guide.  Or perform a search for Tastemade inside the Plex channel/app.

Also available on Xumo Play Live TV https://channelstore.roku.com/details/0c039747df5e78fba4509a8de79fbeab/xumo-play and Redbox LiveTV https://channelstore.roku.com/details/36afa800bbee27c0561097f5fe1d02a4/redbox

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JF51
Channel Surfer

I see the same issue. Chattanooga, TN.  It's exactly the same as when it happened before as one reply had stated.  Very pixelated.  Poor quality video.  Audio is fine.

0 Kudos
Leendaloo

I'm having this same issue with Tastemade channel poor quality. I've restarted and still not fixed. In NYC.

0 Kudos
JF51
Channel Surfer

It is fixed for me!  Thank you!

0 Kudos