Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zrrifle
Reel Rookie

Re: Streaming Newsmax Channel on Roku

Yes, restarted after removing it

@makaiguy wrote:

@zrrifle wrote:

Removed and reinstalled the channel but that also didn't fix it.

After removing a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory before reinstalling the channel. Did you do this? Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Yes, restarted it after removing the channel this time and reinstalled, now it works fine. Thank you!

JudeeK
Binge Watcher

Have the same issue.  Fortunately can watch Newsmax on the Roku channel (live) and also on Tubi and Haystack.  Only issue then is that you can't go to shows, schedule etc.  Very frustrating.

0 Kudos
CodiBear

I'm disgusted by 'PLUTO TV' using ROKU and boycotting my favorite news channel. When FOX went woke, I found NEWSMAX and canceled my WOW! cable because they stopped carrying it. And on it goes. Cow towing to the communist mob. Way to go. That's just Anti-American. I have the NEWSMAX app, but I like to channel surf during commercial breaks. Can't do it with the app. Anyway. This is just being complicit and allowing evil to exist. Enabling. 

KSweatman

I still get Newsmax with Roku. I watch it daily and evenings too.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@KSweatman 

Looks like AT&T/DirectTV (and in kind, DirectTV Stream) is considering removing Newsmax from its platform.

Fortunately, Newsmax has their own streaming channel/app, and is carried by many of the available channels/apps on the Roku platform in its LiveTV programming including Roku Channel ch. 190, PlutoTV ch. 460, Xumo Play, Plex, KlowdTV, and others.

I really don't think the cable companies are learning anything, even when people cancel their subscriptions and go to streaming.  That is why it is important to keep recruiting and introducing people to the world of streaming.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Jfcwhy
Streaming Star

Newsmax follows after they removed OANN.  When you subscribe to satellite, cable, or streaming-based multi-channel outlets(YouTube TV, Sling, etc.), you are a hostage to their whims and what they do what their lineups.  Having a Roku and direct access to channels is the only way to go, IMHO.

0 Kudos
Javanzel

Our roku 4k stick and our roku tvs kick out to the main menu every few minutes during Sebastián Gorka's show on Sunday evening.

This has gone on for months.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Javanzel

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Newsmax or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

Have you tried removing the affected channel Newsmax and then re-install again? If not, we suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link for more information: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Lt-kirk

Roku keeps kicking Newsmax out, and I have to restart anybody else having this problem

0 Kudos
dc1224

Yes, same problem. Has happened half a dozen times already.

0 Kudos