Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabbi620

Starz app not allowing cable login.

I have a subscription to Starz via cable, but when I select the app on my roku it doesn’t give me the option to log into my subscription via cable. It only directs me to start a free trial which I do not need and will not sign up for. 

0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Starz app not allowing cable login.

Hi @Gabbi620

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community. 

We understand that you have an active subscription to Starz from your cable provider and wish to access it on your Roku device. Have you tried to remove the channel and see if it gives you the option to log in after you have to reinstall the channel? Make sure that you downloaded the Starz channel standalone (not through The Roku Channel). 

To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Please keep us posted and thank you for your cooperation. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Gabbi620-

If your Starz subscription is through your cable company be sure you are trying to log into it through Starz' own channel app, not through Starz in the Roku Channel.

On the Starz home page on your Roku, click on LOG IN near the upper right corner, then follow the intructions to log in via your TV Provider sccounnt.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Alovejoy

I have starz through my Spectrum cable account.  The starz app (standalone) will not let me log in using my cable credentials.  I removed the starz channel, restarted my roku premier unit, and reinstalled the same channel.  The only login I get is the free trial.  I used to have a roku streaming account to watch additional content, but I canceled that over a year ago.  How do I get the cable login option?

0 Kudos
Shellie1229
Reel Rookie

I have a Starz subscription through my Spectrum acct.  To sign into the Starz stand alone app on Roku — Open up the app, you should see an option to log in, choose that, even if you don't have a Starz account, because this is where you sign in with your cable provider.  Once you're on that screen just follow the instructions on the left hand side. I hope this helps.

0 Kudos
MA69
Reel Rookie

This does not work… the Stars stand alone app is NOT giving users who have a Stars cable  tv subscription the option to log in with their provider… that option is no longer showing up on the screen at all!!! The only option that is provided is to pay for a subscription.  I’m not paying for a subscription when I already pay for Stars stand alone through my cable tv provider.  Even if I log out, remove the app then reinstall it, etc.  (all of the things that you keep suggesting to try), once I reinstall the Stars stand alone app THERE IS NO OPTION TO LOG IN WITH MY CABLE PROVIDER… that option use to be available but now it is NOT available.  Please let users know how to properly fix this issue.  Please DO NOT keep suggesting the same fixes over and over again because there is NO OPTION TO LOG IN USING OUR CABLE PROVIDER… if that option was still available, I would not be having this issue.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MA69, I just added Starz and this is the screen I'm presented with:

20231008_013222.jpg

Checking the version of the channel/app (press the * button when the icon is highlighted on the Home Screen) it's Version 4.8 build 14 and my Roku software version is 12.0.0 build 4184.

I did notice when I searched for Starz there was the stand-alone channel/app as well as "Starz on The Roku Channel".  Going to the one on The Roku Channel offers a free trial or a subscription.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MA69
Reel Rookie

This finally worked thank you 

0 Kudos
DaRubes

Here is what I did to get it to work, on the Roku TV I opened the regular standalone Starz app then got the activation code. I then opened a browser on my LAPTOP and went to starz.com/activate and typed in the code. That sent me to a Starz sign in screen on my LAPTOP and in the bottom below the credentials section it gives me the option to sign in with a provider. I selected that and then on the next screen I selected show all providers and clicked on Hulu. That then popped up a screen saying that my device was linked and then my TV synced up and I'm in my paid Starz account on the Starz standalone app on my Roku TV. 

0 Kudos
Halleewell

Cancel their 'offer' to subscribe and navigate through the app to "log out". I was then prompted to 'log in' and it gave me a code to login in on my phone/computer. This allowed me to login with my provider.

0 Kudos