Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MagnusXL
Reel Rookie

Re: Spectrum App is not playing any channels

Jump to solution

I found the solution on the Spectrum forum. I found my cell phone worked on cell but not Wi-Fi. The solution is to reset the cable modem. Apparently, it can lose sync to the cable network ID somehow. A reset resyncs it. Or at least that's what I read. It worked for both my phone app and the Roku TV App.

0 Kudos
LM15

Jump to solution

Just worked for me thank you!

0 Kudos
Sethroth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having this issue on 3 separate roko devices, it isn't a Spectrum issue,  as I can open my Spectrum TV app and stream to my TV  just fine.  I have read through these posts and solutions,  none work.  When will Roko provide an update??

0 Kudos
MagnusXL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

You're saying these other Roku devices won't play Spectrum TV, but your TV will? Otherwise, it sounds like a contradiction (Spectrum app plays to TV just fine, but your Roku devices are having a problem). Or are you saying your phone app works, but the Roku devices do not? My phone app worked fine, but it was on Cell. Switching to Wi-Fi stopped it from working. Did you try a reset? As for an update, you'd have to ask Spectrum. I have nothing to do with them.

0 Kudos
Sethroth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well, it's working now again. But to clarify yes I could stream on wifi with my phone, or my Visio TV. But the Roko streaming device would not stream spectrum, and yes I did all of the solutions that supposedly solved this issue,  some of which indicated to was a spectrum issue.  It isnt... read carefully. 

0 Kudos
MagnusXL
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It absolutely WAS a cable modem sync issue for me and others as it solved our problem just as I discovered it on another site. Just because YOUR problem is different doesn't mean it it's not for others!

I'm sharing it to at least try and help other people (more than Roku is doing apparently). I can't read "more carefully" when you weren't specific in the first place.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.