Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jfra
Channel Surfer

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Jump to solution

Thanks for responding. 

I use the Roku Ultra on my living room TV which appears to be the only one I have trouble with. I’ve only noticed the sound changing or going completely out when using the DirecTv app. We just change the channel and go back to the one we are watching and the sound clears up. There’s no way to catch it when it happens, it’s random.

The Roku has be restarted so that’s about all I know to do for issues. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Jfra,

Thank you for updating us here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the Direct TV channel. We're happy to assist you further. Please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and select check for updates.

If the problem still persists, do you have external devices that are connected to your Roku TV? (e.g., speakers and other sound systems)

We hope this helps, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mgoins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Am writing to 2nd what Jfra said; am seeing the same issues with a Roku Ultra; Have 4 other Roku enabled TV’s that came with Roku built in & no issues there.  Went with the Ultra on this TV to standardize, as it came with Google.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mgoins,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Is this happening on all contents and channels, or is it isolated to one channel? (Specify) When did the issue start?

We'll wait for your response.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jfra
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I checked for updates.  There are no external devices.

Right now we are watching the History Channel and the sound turns down when commercials start. Low volume commercials is fine with me, lol.  

I’m trying to keep track of channels now and will report back when i have additional info. 

0 Kudos
Mgoins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Am running current firmware on the Roku & the TV itself; no external devices.  Seeing sound up & down watching football on ESPN vi DirectV stream app.

0 Kudos
Mgoins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey RokuJohnB, issue has been going on for probably a year;  always with the DirectV app;  haven’t seen it with any other apps.  First thought it was an issue with DirectV, but after noticing none of our built-in Roku TVs have similar issues - it makes me think it’s the Ultra?  Audio volume changes without command, either up or down, sometimes louder, sometimes softer.

have googled off & on during this time, but never seen anything of substance til I saw this thread today.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mgoins,

Thank you for informing us here in the Roku Community!
We will be more than happy to assist you further with this issue that you're experiencing. Please try to restart your Roku Ultra by going to settings, system, power, and system restart.

Let us know how it works.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mgoins
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hey, RokuJohnB, did the restart of the Roku, along with a restart of the smart tv;  made it an hour or so before seeing audio issues again.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Mgoins,

Thank you for the update!
We appreciate your cooperation in troubleshooting the issue. Please take the steps below:

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press Star to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Press home on your Roku remote, select settings, select system, power, and system restart.
  • Re-install the channel: Scroll down to search, put the name of the channel or app, highlight the channel, and select add channel.

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos