Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carse
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Yes, I get the impression DirectV techies/employees are overpaid and lazy. 

I m thinking about cutting that stream too. and moving on to TIVO.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

TIVO and DirecTV Stream are entirely different. Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV and FuboTV are similar to DirecTV Stream. Switch to one of those 

0 Kudos
Wkillham
Reel Rookie

I’m with you. Only AT&T and Direct. Happens if I stream from my phone directly to my TV which has nothing to do with Roku. 

0 Kudos
Wkillham
Reel Rookie

That’s what I said. At&t had the issue and now direct stream has it. It’s not Roku. It happens on my phone too. 

StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Wkillham  Exactly. AT&T sold off AT&T TV to DirecTV. DirecTV renamed it to DirecTV Stream but it’s still the same issues. AT&T still owns like 75% of it. 

0 Kudos
Carse
Binge Watcher

Yep, I'm looking for something different. I'm tired of problems, who point fingers, at a premium price

It's time to move on.

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@Carse  YouTube TV is actually the best out there. 

0 Kudos
hiku
Channel Surfer

Youtube TV is 5$ cheaper - however they don't carry The History Channel.

Worse is that I'm not able to create a Youtube TV account because I don't have phone that accepts TEXT  - which they require for verifying the signup process. Why can't they just use eMail for any needed verification, as they also require an email address. DUH! 

0 Kudos
StreamerSue
Roku Guru

@hiku  YouTube TV is a lot cheaper if you had the Choice plan of DirecTV Stream. Not ever service will carry every network. Hulu doesn’t have AMC where as YouTube TV does. As far as texting who doesn’t have a phone that accepts texting. You must be talking about making a Google account. 

0 Kudos
hiku
Channel Surfer

You shouldn't be so presumptive. I don't use a cell phone - and that's the only phone I know of that accepts TEXT.

The only correspondence I ever get is from the local school district and county gov who threatens to murder me by depriving me of life sustaining shelter if I don't pay them TWICE my income every year. (not for services but simply for possessing one of life's necessities).

To me it's not much different from a company charging full price for a service that is defective. So I like it.

0 Kudos