Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM stops playback after various amounts of time

Well, I tried the solution, which was to update the Roiku app.  On the up side, it lasted more than 20 minutes, on the down side, it didn't last through the night like it used to long before this stuff started and like it does on my android tv.  My android tv lasts about 8 hours before it asks if I'm still listening (and goes to home if I don't respond) ... I'm not sure how long it lasted on the Roku because I was asleep when it went back to home, I just know I listened about an hour before I went to bed but I only slept about 5 hours and it was already back to home before I woke up.

0 Kudos
mcasella-sc-rr-
Binge Watcher

@mcasella-sc-rr-   SiriusXM is still a mess!  Shutting off, all kinds of incorrect messages, progress bar not working, can't believe that after all this time we still have these problems that we are paying for.  Absolutely mine boggling!!

pkaboo1234
Roku Guru

Still doesn't work right on my Roku Ultra, so, no, it's not fixed. It works better, but when it "crashes" you have to go to a different radio station and then back to the original station and then "go to live". Sometimes this works and sometimes this doesn't. I'm tired of posting all of my info, but here it is, AGAIN (without the tracker ID)

Model #4800X- Roku Ultra

Serial # X01000C0K3XY

Device ID S02A2150K3XY

Software version  11.0.0-BUILD4193-C2

Channel Version  3.0 BUILD 44

The last time I sent this information the tracker ID was XY-255-982

So far my Philips Roku TV is working OK. It used to shut down every 20 to 30 minutes. It played for 2 hours the other day before I shut it off. 

0 Kudos
Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

Yeah, they fixed one problem but ended up creating multiple other problems.  I gave up after I woke up and it said it was crashed and try again later and I'm like ... no, I'll just go back to Pandora (which I use on my Roku tv ... I can still use Sirius with no problem on my Android tv).  Seriously have to wonder if these guys even test their stuff.

masalaav
Binge Watcher

Build 44 may have addressed some issues, but the playback issue has returned. However, it is now random amounts of time from just a couple of minutes to 30 minutes. This is absolutely ridiculous that these issues should persist for months.

I have come to the conclusion that there are only two possible solutions to the problem:

1. Cancel SiriusXM

2. Change out all of my Roku devices for FireTV devices. I have one FireTV device and it rarely experiences any problems with SXM

And it is ridiculous to have us post the info here from our Roku devices because it doesn't seem to matter which Roku model you're using. The app has issues on ALL of them!

doubleb97
Streaming Star

Is this issue ever going to be fixed? You finally fix the 20 minute problem, but create about a million other problems. I keep trying to get ahold on siriusxm help on Twitter but they never answer me. This is really ridiculous.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

If you are experiencing channel playback stopping after various amounts of time when using the SiriusXM channel, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further with the channel provider.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@pkaboo1234

Thanks for the post and providing us with the information that we have requested.

I have passed along your details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Nytewynd
Channel Surfer

I don't see what that information will do, it's all willy nilly and pretty much affects anyone using Roku.  I don't have a device model I'm using, I'm using the app on my Sharpe Roku TV.  Well, actually, here's my info from the tv:

Roku TV 7203X

Sharp Model LC-55LBU591U

Serial number YN00MP919492

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-38

Device ID 9J693M919492

I don't know if it happens on all channels, at night, when I use this tv, it's Ch 68 (spa).  I know the 20 minute issue was also happening when I tried listening to my country stations (Ch 58 and 56) but I haven't tested those since the recent update.  I have no reason to believe the issues aren't on those channels too.,

I haven't taken any steps to reproduce the issue, after it happened I just figured they broke it in new and fascinating ways and I went back to using Pandora.  I can still use the Sirius app with no issues at all on my Android TVs.

0 Kudos
masalaav
Binge Watcher

Three days ago, it froze after 5 minutes on the playback screen. Yesterday, it spit out to the Roku home screen after 20 minutes. Today, it stopped after an hour on the "oops something went wrong ok" screen. For what it's worth:

Model 4800X - Roku Ultra

Serial number X0100002M4XH (S02A20D2M4XH)

Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-C2

Timestamp 2022-07-26T10:51.11Z

Issue ID XH-297-291

0 Kudos