Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Re: Siriusxm is shutting down again.

I'm having the same problem that others are reporting. Today, the app won't load on any of my 3 Roku TVS. I've noticed four different possibilities for what happens when I try:

1. The logo appears on screen and then just stays there...nothing happens.
  2. I get a spinning circle that just spins forever. Nothing else happens until I exit the app.
  3. The circle spins for a second and then the screen says something went wrong.
  4. Nothing loads at all, the screen just goes black/blank.

This is especially frustrating because the original "20 minutes" issue was never solved -- it just changed form. After the updates, I could get it to play a little longer at times, up to 2 hours or so, but it sometimes froze up even faster than the original 20 minutes. It was very inconsistent. Even the Xtra channels were buggy; they'd play for many hours, but they didn't function like they were supposed to. The screen would go blank and freeze but the music would continue. (And Xtra didn't solve my greatest listening need; I like NPR, both for myself and to soothe the anxious cat when I'm out of the house --she's better with soft, friendly voices in the background, but there's no talking on the Xtra channels.) That all sucked, but it was better than nothing at all.

I tried updating the app on all my TVs, but I already had the latest version so that didn't solve anything. I also did a system restart on all 3 TVs, but that hasn't helped on any of them.

This situation is definitely moving in the wrong direction. 

0 Kudos
HAL9000_Y2K_VER
Streaming Star

August 18, 2022
SXM locked up at 2am CST.  I tried changing the channel but nothing would play.  So I used the back button to clear out memory and exit.  I relaunched SXM to update Tunestart to off and exit with the Home button to save the setting.  Relaunched to start streaming.  App landed on Settings screen as expected.  However, none of the remote buttons would have any  impact on the app except the Home button.

Since Home button saves current memory, I knew that I was stuck in an infinite loop.  From Roku, I looked for an updated version—none found.  Next I removed SXM and then added it back.  Launched SXM and it landed on default screen with Discovery button highlighted.  App would not respond to remote except for the Home button.  Now the Home button signs you out of the app because launch requires entry of password.  I repeated this sign in process several times to no avail.  

Next I used down detector to see if Sirius was down.  They reported hundreds of complaints for this timeframe.

Next I launched SXM on PC.  App would list my Favorites but upon clicking on channel button a message said that channel was no longer available.  Channels 25, 26,27, 7 were not available.  Yea, right, the most popular channels were removed from the programming  lineup.

I found no acknowledgement of this problem on SiriusXM’s Twitter account.  I see now that they noticed at 3:23 am on their Twitter help account.  Downdetector  now shows >2000 complaints at the peak.

I relaunched SXM from Roku at 9am CST time.  It has been running for 1 hour 22 minutes so far.

Maybe today’s massive outage will trigger corporate management to do better.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Play stopped, screen remained the same (picture of the program hosts), no error message or code. Would not play anything more without Roku reboot.

Roku device model - 3810CA

Serial number         - YH007U406368

Device ID                 - 265047406368

Software OS/version - 11.0.0 BUILD 4193-50

SiriusXM Version - 3.0 BUILD 44

Tracker ID 68-332-317

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-19T18:37:59Z

Steps to reproduce the issue: Play the channel and wait for failure (in this case channel 103)

Keep in mind that it is not just the play stopping that’s going on. The app is not remembering all of the preferences, and then not honouring some the settings that it does remember.

Thanks, and looking forward to your quick fix.

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

This time, I had just rebooted my Roku after it stopped playing after about 2 hours tuned to the Beatles channel 18.  Less than 5 minutes after the reboot, while playing the same channel, Beatles 18, it exited to the home screen.

Serial number - YH007U406368 (265047406368)

Device ID - 265047406368

Tracker ID 68-334-855

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-21T12:55:16Z

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

Now again, about 12 min later.  This time I got the "something went wrong" screen.  Same Channel, Beatles 18.

Device ID - 265047406368

Tracker ID 68-334-867

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-21T13:07:45Z

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

And now, since the last sudden exit, I haven't been able to log back in again.  Just continually get the SiriusXM logo with the pulsing radial signals on the sides.

Device ID - 265047406368

Tracker ID 68-334-895

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-21T13:35:14Z

0 Kudos
SkipIntro
Streaming Star

This morning, I was able to log in again, but when I selected a favourite program to play (on demand) I got the "something went wrong" screen.

Device ID - 265047406368

Tracker ID 68-336-190

TIMESTAMP: 2022-08-22T11:10:24Z

0 Kudos
simonmason
Reel Rookie

I think it is clear that the app doesn't work and hasn't been working for some time.  I have personally noticed the playback stopping all summer.  But is there any evidence that posting here gets back to the app developer - Sirius?  Perhaps they have a forum that we should post on to make some noise?

Simon D. S. Mason
0 Kudos
georgeg3
Binge Watcher

I only listen on Sunday's and it ran for a couple of hours yesterday before the problems started.  Same old issue.  I looked at the SiriusXM web site and could not find a comment or forum section.  Maybe Facebook.

0 Kudos
doubleb97
Streaming Star

I just got the "sorry, something went wrong" message again. When is this going to be fixed? It's going to be almost 4 months and this app still hasn't been fully fixed. This is ridiculous! Guess I'll go back to TuneIn until it is fixed.

0 Kudos