Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

@masalaav wrote:

Rabidbaby,

Did you logout of the RCA before trying to sign into it on the Sharp or TCL? The SXM rep did say that I could only be logged in on a single Roku device at a time. It's been working fine for me for a week now.

I believe so, yes -- it was a week or two ago now, but I am pretty sure I logged out of all 3. Now, they're all logged back in. Why would we only be able to log in to one TV at a time, anyway? Sirius already has a control measure to ensure that you can only play on one device at a time, so...why the hassle of constant logging in and out? What pain in the @$$! Plus, in the previous (and much superior) version, you could be logged in to multiple devices at once with zero issues. 

wildphins
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have been following this since I first noticed the issue, and it is still broken for me as well.  TCL 40S325.  Up to date on everything.  Just tried removing the Sirius app and re-installing, but that didn't work.  It amazes me the lack of quality control in all aspects of software in the modern world.  I have clients that are using current web based software, that will not work on any browser but Internet Explorer.  Pretty sure they aren't teaching software programmers anything but how to crank out code quickly.

Jump to solution

Been following this thread for weeks hoping for a resolution. I've had enough. Just canceled SiriusXM. This is so frustrating, Roku and Sirius each pointing the finger at the other. 

Budley
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Follow up -- after speaking with five SirisXM customer service reps in two days, I have no confidence this is going to fixed anytime soon. Only one of the five reps even knew about this problem. When I was handed off from rep to rep, none of them wrote notes in my customer record, and I had to start from scratch each time. Plus, I didn't find out until rep four that we can request to speak with an American rep -- I spent most of my calls asking them to repeat what they said because I couldn't understand what they were saying; so ensure you do ask for an American or a native, English-speaking rep). I encourage you to call SirisXM (800-689-6881) and ask for customer service. While they'll tell you all to do what we've already seen -- log off-log in; sign out-sign in; ensure you have version 11 of Roku -- just tell them that none of those work. They'll open a trouble-ticket; at least that elevates it. What it will also do is generate a customer service feedback email to you. I ripped them pretty good and put a link to this thread in my comments so they could see all we've dealt with for almost six weeks now.  

markd4486

Jump to solution

Exact same issue here, started with the new SXM app and no one can help with it.  20 minutes and back to the home screen.  You would think that with 38 pages of the same issue on Roku's webpage, they would take some initiative to investigate even if it is an SXM issue.  Work together to fix it!  We, your customers can't fix it!!!   SMH

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Now whenever,  I call going forward, I am going to request a credit first, before I tell them the issue.  That will bolster the odds of me getting the credit, and also I should at least get something from them for my waste of time in having to call.  Last time I even sent the rep a link to this Roku Community topic and requested that he read all the responses.

ardeepee
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Super frustrating.

I tried accuradio, and they have some good channels for music, but they are hard to get to, and can't be saved. Also, when it goes to screensaver you can't read the info.

So, I tried Spotify. It's OK. You can put channels or albums in your library. If you have a favorite SiriusXM channel, you an google " channel name spotify" and find similar playlists. Plus, the premium version is cheaper than SiriusXM.

I still have my subscription to SXM, but I'm thinking it won't be long.

0 Kudos
MrEM
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Guy's and Gal's just spend $20-30 on a new streaming device and the issue is gone. I'm not getting rid of Sirius/XM as I use it when I travel but it's true the app they made is garbage. So it's became a simple fix, get rid of Roku spend $25 in my case and the only thing I don't have that I had before is the Roku channel that I never watched anyway. I've been with Roku for a long time but it no longer served my needs so it was time to change.

Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I was considering doing the same . I have a few other apps that give me problems now and then but not on my other platform . Guess it’s time to say goodbye ! 

astroman215
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Went into my mancave last night and turned on the tv with a newer ROKU box that is separate from the tv. It's an older tv with no internet. Turned on the SiriusXM channel and it worked fine. Went back upstairs to my TCL tv with the Sirius channel and now seems to be working fine. It stayed on the rest of the night without reverting to the home screen after 20 minutes. Dont know what the fix was, but just happy it's back to normal. 

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.