Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winter8784
Reel Rookie

Signing in to a free channel

Jump to solution

I'm trying to watch RFD channel.  I have to sign in or create an account.  I've tried both.  It's so frustrating to put in my email address one letter and number at a time and then it doesn't work.  I've tried it several time.  If it's a free channel included with my spectrum subscription, I just want to watch it without signing in.   Why so hard!!!!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Signing in to a free channel

Jump to solution

@winter8784

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@winter8784

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@winter8784-

Might you be entering your Roku credentials instead of your Spectrum ones?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Do you mean this channel? (This is the only one I find when I search for RFD.)

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/6b7e2a4f306e7a0f5d23ec37b7f21775/rfd-tv-now

That channel says “SERVICE MAY REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FEES” which is usually on channels that require subscriptions directly with them.  On the other hand, channels that say: “CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED” are the ones you can get free if you already have them on your cable plan.

So, this specific channel/app may not have a way to connect to an existing cable account.

0 Kudos