Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DNL411
Channel Surfer

Re: Severe color/contrast distortion while Plex-streaming HEVC+EAC3 videos.

@kcosselThe 2022 Roku Ultra is exactly the same as the 2020 Roku Ultra. It just upgraded to the rechargeable remote.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

OK running into trouble with recompressor... All of the sudden... it absolutely just won't load. I remember when I originally downloaded it it asked me to install java...which I did. Then of course windows warned me that it could be harmful...but I bypassed that and have used the program several times. Now, when I click it to load it...it says checking for new version...then disappears and nothing ever loads. In the task manager it says it's running. I went to delete the program and it said it was being "used by Java" so I ended both the recompressor task and java task...then deleted it...downloaded again... and it's the same thing...it just won't load...even rebooted...

I don't know what else to do...

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Running java is ok. That's safe, but that is a weird problem.

Go to your c:\user\{username}\.ennetran\ and delete the recompressor folder (unless you have movies in a database you want to keep, if so backup the recompress_movies.json file in that folder)

Then try to run again

0 Kudos
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

I was never even able to get it installed! Windows 10. Installer flashes a red splash and then closes immediately. Running as administrator or in compatibility modes doesn't make a difference. Has anyone discovered an alternative application or method that is as quick as Recompressor?

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

It doesn't install at all. It's just an exe that you run that requires java 8. If you have java 8 jre installed on your computer it should work just fine.

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

That totally worked!!!!!!!! What the **bleep**? LOL.. I mean, I tried everything.. Uninstalling Java...reinstalling it...blah blah.. multiple reboots... etc... I was devastated because I NEED this program... thank you so much

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

I think the settings file gets corrupted somehow, I'm going to contact them and let them know.

0 Kudos
dogsoap
Channel Surfer

@GoPenguins

Unlucky -- I have JRE 8 and I've had no such luck running Recompressor. How did you find out about this software anyway? This thread is the only mention I've been able to find of it anywhere online. "About" page is blank. "Contact" is just an email. No Twitter mentions, no GitHub repo... nothing as far as I could see.

0 Kudos
GoPenguins
Streaming Star

Have you tried JRE 8 64-bit?

0 Kudos
1DayAfterAnothe
Roku Guru

@GoPenguins

Yea - after I messaged you saying that work. Well, it did work (partly)...the program does open...but the profile is on auto and I can't change it...dragging files over into the program does nothing. In other words, nothing shows up...It's like the program is totally corrupted or something.

I deleted the ennetran folder, deleted the .exe file... downloaded again.. Getting the same thing...

0 Kudos