Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StevenCee
Roku Guru

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

@AvsGunnarWhat do you mean by saying it's muted by default in the player window? What are you referring to as the "player window"?  Thanks..

0 Kudos
Dave51

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

I've decided to not watch the Roku Channel anymore until they take the screaming ad down. It is by far the most irritating, annoying ad I have ever seen. They don't have that many good shows to warrant having to listen to that commercial. It's just not worth it, and all the other free streaming channels don't have the commercial and have plenty of great shows to choose from. IF I was thinking about buying a Roku tv, this commercial would guarantee I did not buy a Roku tv.

Rooster3
Reel Rookie

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

IT’S UNBELIEVABLE! 
THEY ARE PERFECTLY AWARE OF THE IMPACT ON THE VIEWER ! (INJECT STADIUM CHEERS. OR JET ENGINE AT 100%)

0 Kudos

We won't be watching any more content on The Roku Channel until this ridiculous excuse for an ad is dropped. I wouldn't be at all surprised if it actually hurts sales of Roku TVs.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@StevenCee wrote:

@AvsGunnarWhat do you mean by saying it's muted by default in the player window? What are you referring to as the "player window"?  Thanks..

@StevenCee 

In a webpage where there is an embedded video, it is nested in an "element/window". (basically, it is an HTML section that contains the frame for the video and then settings/commands for what video controls are available to the end user/viewer of the webpage.) 

It is proper web etiquette to generally not have videos auto-play or the volume on when someone visits your webpage.

I was just remarking that on their website, Roku seems to acknowledge how annoying this commercial would be if it played at full volume every time someone went to their home page, so they set this element (the player window for the ad) to be muted.  Visitor has to manually unmute the ad on the webpage.

----

This is just a bad ad.  I would first slap the milk carton out of this kid's hand, tell him to stop acting like an animal by drinking from the carton and wipe his mouth, clean the milk off the floor, and stop yelling in the house.  Then I would make him go find the missing remote.  

Perhaps I was raised differently.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
BT27
Reel Rookie

How long will it take to cancel the screaming commercial & get another one put in its place!?  Any of us complaining about it will be more than happy to help. 

BT27
Reel Rookie

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

Yes - take that commercial off the sit and apologize. 😐

0 Kudos

This advertising campaign is so upsetting. I turn on the TV for relaxation and entertainment. This commercial gives me anxiety. Please cut your losses. This campaign is distressing at best. 

0 Kudos

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.