Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Belleisimo

Re: “Screaming” commercial has gotta go

Muting is exactly what I do as well.  I have really enjoyed the Roku option but this commercial could change my mind about it. 

Psalm
Channel Surfer

It’s so upsetting to hear.  I mute it but if I’m in another room I have to quickly get remote and mute.  Terrible ad. 

Psalm
Channel Surfer

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

I hope they remove it. 

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Screaming Actors Commercial is Horrible

@Psalm wrote:

I hope they remove it. 

Not too sure about that.  The "Where's the Remote" version is now headlining on Roku homepage. 

https://www.roku.com/

Ironically, the ad is Muted by default in the player window.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
JerseyBee

Roku fans…. am I alone? Screaming couple?

Nothing makes me want to get rid of every working and non working Roku in my home with the screaming couple commercial. If anyone has any extra rope I’d like to hang myself.  (a bit dramatic but it got ur attention). Anyone suffer thru this with me?

Re: Obnoxious screaming during ROKU add

Thank you for the insight on volume controls.  However, please reconsider these ads.  The screaming is very bothersome.  I have been trying to quickly reach for my remote to mute it every time actors start screaming.  My home does not have a lot of drama in it, and don't much care to hear people screaming like that.  Just about makes me want to look for another app/channel to watch until these commercials stop airing...they are painful to hear.  I have a positive view of Roku, but this is making me not quite so happy.  In my humble opinion, just not a good marketing choice.  In this case, Roku is not stopping the screaming, it is creating it and bringing it into my home.  Respectfully.

Psalm
Channel Surfer

I totally agree 

BT27
Reel Rookie

PLEASE  … I love ROKU TV but this commercial is so irritating.  

Thank you for sharing your concern. Advertising that includes loud or jarring elements like screaming can indeed be upsetting for some viewers, especially those with sensitivities such as PTSD. I recommend reaching out directly to the company running the ad to express your feedback. Many companies take these concerns seriously and might reconsider or adjust their campaigns based on viewer input.

Please give kudos if this helps!

0 Kudos
StevenCee
Roku Guru

@jacobofficalThat's what everyone is doing, by posting their complaints here, since this is the company that produced & runs this ad, as well as other obnoxious ads.
So Roku could very easily pull it, & replace it with one that doesn't piss off all their customers...

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.