Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irritating-Ads
Channel Surfer

Re: Scary and Inappropriate Ads on Home Screen

Jump to solution

Buyers should have been informed by ROKU prior to buying ROKU TV that they will be subjected to such irritating annoying ROKU Commercials of 5 minutes loud screaming that repeats every 15 minutes on ALL channels provided by ROKU to viewers to promote over and over the same of such programs that don't appeal to many viewers. And worse the sequences of loud screaming in those programs are chosen to promote them in ROKU commercial evidently made by non experienced commercial directors.

Irritating-Ads
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

(1) Hello, it’s about the one and only 5 minutes of loud screaming much irritating much annoying ROKU COMMERCIALS that repeat over and over every 15 minutes on ALL the channels ROKU provides for its viewers to promote such unintellectual programs, unhealthy foods programs, vulgar inappropriate programs, etc. The ones that millions of viewers have complained about for the last several years all over online.

(2) I messaged twice earlier that when I click OK on my 2022 ROKU TV Control Remote supposedly to highlight the ROKU Commercial no popup window shows to hide it instead I am taken to the first option of TV Settings therefore Sleep TV. Does anyone at ROKU Support knows why I am unable to hide the commercial that is if it is true as alleged that ROKU allows viewers to hide it. Hope to get a straight answer.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Irritating-Ads, I already gave you the answer on the previous page.  It is not now, nor has it ever been, (and I sincerely doubt it will ever be) possible to hide a commercial.  You are misreading the instructions which are for hiding the static ad that appears on the right side of the Home Screen - give it a try.  Keep asking the same question and you'll keep getting the same answer.  I'm sorry that's not the answer you want, but it's still the correct answer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
GillyJu77

Jump to solution

Yet one has to select it, which means VIEWING this horror "ad" before one can select Hide. Irritating as I feel these "ads" are demonic - I do not want to view them and I dont want to have to select it to hide it. Will this make more appear because the system thinks I selected it at one time????? WHY do you people assume we are all interested in this demonic behavior.

0 Kudos
Irritating-Ads
Channel Surfer

ROKU'S Repeat Over & Over WORSE TV COMMERCIAL RECOMMENDING JUNK PROGRAMS TO WATCH

Jump to solution

I would like ROKU VIEWERS to join a CLASS ACTION against ROKU as to such VULGAR UNHEALTHY UN-AMERICAN WORSE TV COMMERCIAL REPEATED EVERY FEW MINUTES ON ALL THEIR STREAMING CHANNELS that starts with TAILGATE PROGRAM etc. and with such horrifying persons telling viewers to join them eating such unhealthy food that made the Chets cooking it in the commercial such over weight, then to watch such VULGAR JUNK PROGRAM ONE MUST MARRY ANOTHER IF REMAINS UNMARRIED END OF PROGRAM ...  OR WHEN WE WERE YOUNG WE PLAY WITH THIS NOW WE PLAY WITH THIS  as if any cares of them playing with that . ...  OUT OF ALL SUCH ROKU FREE CHANNELS ONLY 10 CHANNELS ARE WORTH VIEWING: 4 INTERNATIONAL NEWS CHANNELS, 1 HALLMARK MOVIE CHANNEL, JOHNY CARSON, **bleep** VAN **bleep**, ALFRED HITCHCOCK, AND 2 ANTIQUE SHOWS and even then you won't enjoy them with such repeat VULGAR BRAINWASHING WORSE COMMERICIAL THEY CAN'T EVEN. HIRE EXPERIENCED AMERICAN COMMERCIAL TV DIRECTORS TO PRODUCE A LIKABLE COMMERCIAL TO WATCH ... .HOPE TO SELL MY ROKU TV so I can buy a new SAMSUNG TV INSTEAD.

0 Kudos
jp144
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I completely agree. This is hands down the worst part of the Roku ecosystem. I have tried using the “manage ads” (press star button on the ad) and I have told Roku to stop showing Horror, Sex, Violence, etc. etc. but it keeps feeding me ads with Horror… Sex… Violence… etc. etc. 

We have kids in the household! 

Come on Roku, you can do better. I don’t mind the occasional ad. I understand you need to make money. But allow us to protect our children. There should be a setting called “Show ads appropriate for families”, if when checked, should show only ads that don’t make parents cringe.

0 Kudos
jp144
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sorry, but that doesn’t work. The ad just pops back up again in 2 to 3 visits to the Home Screen. I would think that “hide this ad” to either permanently hide the ad, or at least hide it for a year.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.