Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMcG2024
Reel Rookie

STV Player Sudden Hard Reset

Hi, since this morning Fri 21st June I have an issue with STV player. When starting the home screen background shows....and stays like that with everything frozen for approx 20 seconds, then the system will restart. This happens every time, no other apps seems affected, and the STV app was working yesterday. ISSUE ID: 93-248-069, with app id Version 2.1 Build 10.  I have tried clearing cache, removing the app and readding it, but still it won't work.  Any advice is appreciated. Many thanks 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Bothwellbuyer2
Reel Rookie

Re: STV Player Sudden Hard Reset

I have the same problem.  No idea whats wrong.  The video and voice have been out of sync for a few days too. No other apps affected

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

I have no idea what channel you are referring to. A search of the Roku channel store does not return anything called STV Player, or any version of the word. Could you be more specific about the channel? 

I'm assuming this might be something that isn't available to US customers, so nothing provided by Roku themselves. If you can determine who provides that channel, you need to contact them for support. It sounds like they have an issue with their channel and the latest Roku OS version. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
JMcG2024
Reel Rookie

STV player is indeed the name of the app, found in the Roku app store for UK users.  Roku is available and supported widely outside of the US

0 Kudos
atc98092

@JMcG2024 wrote:

STV player is indeed the name of the app, found in the Roku app store for UK users.  Roku is available and supported widely outside of the US

Yes, I'm fully aware of Roku being supported outside North America. But outside the US channel availability becomes restricted, and the UK in particular has a number of channels/apps that are simply not available elsewhere. That's why I mentioned you possibly being outside the US. 

Since I can't access the information for that channel here, you can look at the Roku channel store in your country and it should state who is providing that channel. That's who you need to contact for support with their content. Roku does not provide support for channels of 3rd party providers. 

Dan

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos

I’m also experiencing the exact same thing. Very frustrating. Only STV player, all the other apps are working fine.

renojim

Try:  https://www.stv.tv/info/contact

Make sure you let them know their Roku app is crashing.

I am not a Roku employee.
JMcG2024
Reel Rookie

FYI Roku have confirmed that it was an issue at their end which they have rectified, it wasn't an STV player issue

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.